View Full Version : Call History

bradray
12-28-2005, 07:48 PM
Is there any way to export the call history? I'll take it in any useable format I can get my hands on, and I'd like to eventually stick it in Excel for reporting purposes.

Anyone have any ideas on how this can be done, or if there are any apps out there that can do it?

I'm using the PPC6700 from Alltel (same as Sprint)

Janak Parekh
12-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Something like this (http://en.pdamobiz.com/en/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=189&PN=1&TPN=1) sounds like what you want. Mind you, I have no clue how good that program is. I just Googled, so maybe you want to poke around and see what solutions are out there. :)

--janak

bradray
12-29-2005, 06:18 PM
That's exactly what I'm looking for, it's written for PPC2003 but it should work. I'll try it out and post what I find.

Janak Parekh
12-29-2005, 10:21 PM
From that app, it sounds like the Call History is available to developers via an API, so there may be alternative (possibly more polished) programs out there.

--janak

bradray
12-30-2005, 01:47 AM
The application works fine, it puts a CSV file into the root of the PPC that can be transferred to a PC for review (As pocket excel won't open CSV files).

It doesn't do a good job of figuring our how many columns that name/number needs so half of the records end up in the wrong columns. For example if I call a phone number that isn't associated to a contact then everything is in the right place, but if I call a contact that has a first and last name then all the rest of the data gets pushed one column to the right.

All in all a great little utility, but I'd love to see some of the mainstream programs out there add this as a feature into their own applications.

Janak Parekh
12-30-2005, 06:53 AM
Agreed. In the meantime, you might want to consider emailing the developer and/or searching -- I can't believe he'd be the only one to write such a tool? Or have you found nothing else?

--janak

bradray
12-30-2005, 10:15 PM
I've looked around a bit, but it seems like one of those little things that someone might inclued in their phone suite of apps and not mention in the list. I haven't found anyone yet that specifically mentions it.

There is a couple of programs that replace the phone functionality of the PPC completely, and it looks like they allow tracking of calls, but they make no mention of expoting it.

I don't want to try anything too drastic as with this device I can't back it up right now, I'm waited on sprite to finish their beta test before I decide between them and sunnysoft.