View Full Version : AHH...cant connect to shared network!!

teamdominion25
12-26-2005, 02:44 PM
so ive got my rx1950 and im trying to share files from my computer to it, and ive had the toughest time ever. Im using a program called Resco File Explorer. When i go to map network, if my computer was just restarted, the ppc will recognize it. but when i go to click on it to share it with my ppc, it says that it ''cannot connect shared path. the netowrk path was not found.'' So i have no idea what to do. I think that the problem might be with my computer not being networked/shared correctly, but im new at this, so i could be wrong. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Janak Parekh
12-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Have you ever successfully connected to your computer from another desktop? And do you know that your Pocket PC is successfully connected to the network (for example, can you surf the web on it)?

The reason I ask is because some setup tasks need to be done before you can actually map a network path. If you're using Windows XP, you first need to actually share some files; you can do this by right-clicking a drive or a folder and choosing the Sharing option. Second, you need to open your computer's firewall to File and Print Sharing.

(Be careful, if you're directly connected to the Internet, this can have security issues. I'm assuming that you're behind some router/hardware firewall, in which case this is a bit safer to do, although it can still have security implications if there are other people on the network.)

--janak