View Full Version : O2 XDA ATOM now available for purchase WORLDWIDE

saru83
12-24-2005, 11:02 PM
"NOTE: I posted this news under the Phone Edition yesterday"

Hi there, this is an awesome link for the CHEAPEST XDA ATOM available on EBAY, check it out. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-O2-XDA-ATOM-The-Next-Generation-I-Mate-Jam-O2-Mini_W0QQitemZ5846057926QQcategoryZ64355QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Guest979
12-25-2005, 12:05 AM
Mr. 979 smells a possible 419 (http://www.joewein.de/sw/419scam.htm).

I must stress that I could not find information about this particular seller name, and that I cannot declare them to be a "known scammer," but I'm bothered by the fact that: shipping is $40 US (seems like a lot), and the seller ships to most countries except Nigeria (where 419 originated) - weird; The product itself is almost $1000US, is that normal? ; The one place (http://cgi.ebay.ca/MOTOROLA-V3-Razr-Black-Brand-New-Unlocked-All-Acess_W0QQitemZ5845819309QQcategoryZ64355QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) where this buyer lists an e-mail address, it is @msn, not a domain name for his company, even though this seems like a company rather than an individual; and, although he has 100% positive feedback, a total of 27 transactions seems a bit low for someone who is currently selling 39 items (10 of one, 29 of another) and has been operating for over six months.

Since the thread starter has a lot of posts, I will give him the benefit of the doubt that either this isn't a scam, or he isn't in on it.

saru83
12-25-2005, 03:09 AM
Hi "Guest979" , nice analysis but i'm sorry to say that u were wrong :) , this listing is done through MY company, its "pretty new" i dont have a domian yet but will be getting one pretty soon.

I'm located in BC, Canada. I dont ship to Nigeria coz sadly its full of scammers so my main market is actually North America.

Shipping wise, just look at the "Buy it now" price... its $150 cheaper than the other Atoms on ebay, where they r charging almost the same for shipping anyways. So $40 for shipping should not be an issue if someone really wants this awesome phone.

If u or anybody else has any concerns just let me know :)

Guest979
12-25-2005, 04:55 AM
All right, well like I said, I think you are credible. The auction made me a little nervous, but your explanation made sense. I did not mean to offend, I was just a little worried.

saru83
12-25-2005, 05:31 AM
I did not mean to offend, I was just a little worried.

No worries, i'm glad u actually posted a reply so that i can explain a lil bit more about the listing.

Marry Christmas :)

saru83
12-25-2005, 08:23 PM
i got some shots of the Atoms i'm selling on Ebay, anybody interested just email me at [email protected] :)

Darius Wey
12-26-2005, 04:11 AM
"NOTE: I posted this news under the Phone Edition yesterday"

... Which I've now deleted. saru83, please avoid cross-posting where possible. Thanks.

- Darius

SteveHoward999
12-26-2005, 04:34 AM
Shipping wise, just look at the "Buy it now" price... its $150 cheaper than the other Atoms on ebay, where they r charging almost the same for shipping anyways. So $40 for shipping should not be an issue if someone really wants this awesome phone.

I have noticed shipping costs have gone through the roof over the last few months.

Interestingly the only significant price increase with respect to seller costs has been increases in eBay charges. No-one is going to convince me that shipping that cost $5 to $10 12 months ago is now worth $40.

Nothing personal intended, of course. You are just adding a charge to real shipping costs to boost your profits, by 'hiding' your charges from eBays high charges, just like all the other professional traders. Just means I look for someone else to buy from.

saru83
12-26-2005, 06:34 AM
Interestingly the only significant price increase with respect to seller costs has been increases in eBay charges. No-one is going to convince me that shipping that cost $5 to $10 12 months ago is now worth $40.

Nothing personal intended, of course. You are just adding a charge to real shipping costs to boost your profits, by 'hiding' your charges from eBays high charges, just like all the other professional traders. Just means I look for someone else to buy from.

The total amount a buyer would pay for this phone is $150 less than the other ATOM’s available on ebay, I guess u should have done a lil bit more research before jugging on this listing. & btw, if u wanna go with another seller on Ebay u gotta pay $150 extra which is totally up to u.

Marry Chistmas :)