View Full Version : I'm in search for best task manager

pocketpcadmirer
12-24-2005, 07:57 AM
Hi guys !!

I currently have lots of stuff on my today screen. They all did their job very well. But my system performance got a speed hit. I mean when I switch it on to look up a particular number, it hangs for 5 secs and then becomes very zippy.
Currently on my magician shows 24 mb of free ram and I've following stuff installed..
i. pocket breeze(all tabs enabled)
ii. wisbar advance 2(using vista theme)
iii. prss reader
iv. spb weather

Then, there is one more problem. Wen using wisbar 2, sometimes the when I hit the dialer button(green one), it shows some part it. What i mean is, it shows the number keys but not the call history,speed dial.

So when my girl friend took my o2 mini to dial a number, it didn't show the "dial" button. I may tell you that it happens only when wisbar is running in the background.
Now that I've uninstalled wisbar, I find my system more sluggish because apps keep on running in the background. I want a task-switcher which helps me switch between apps quickly(not the way spb task manager works where you have to tap-n-hold to swtich between apps)

So what task manager(s) are phone edition guys using ??

Sunny

Pdaholic
12-24-2005, 08:04 AM
Magic Button is what you need. Use in combo with claunch if you need something more than the Start menu. Get rid of everything else on the today screen. Your PDA will be significantly faster.

pocketpcadmirer
12-24-2005, 08:14 AM
Magic Button is what you need. Use in combo with claunch if you need something more than the Start menu. Get rid of everything else on the today screen. Your PDA will be significantly faster.

Yes I did try the magic button..but when a message comes in, it doesn't show its icon. Otherwise it would have been a perfect solution.

Sunny

zombiepda
12-24-2005, 08:40 AM
I'm using Wisbar Advanced latest beta 2.4.1.16. Still has some improvements to come but i find i have no trouble with dopod 838 wm5. If i don't have WA2, its like my right arm chopped off. In this beta, aside from a few bugs, there's a new shortcut to set one of your hardware buttons to switch tasks.

My dialpad is not affected by WA2 like you mentioned although I think phoneAlarm 1.30a might mess with Call History and Speed dial. Sometimes the list is empty.

pocketpcadmirer
12-24-2005, 09:41 AM
hey just installed battery pack pro..nice task switcher..wat r ur experiences with it ??

Sunny

euromed
01-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Try pocket informant 2005. it shows you all the PIM on one screen, lets you move around all the features and has lots of configuration submenus to let you adjust

Pocket Informant vastly improves upon the functionality of Pocket Outlook to match and exceed what's available even with the desktop Outlook while keeping complete and uncompromising compatibiltiy with Outlook. 5 Calendar Views, Notes, Tasks, Contacts, Journal, and so much more with an awesomely easy to use interface.

Nurhisham Hussein
01-20-2006, 01:10 PM
He asked for a task manager (like Magic button, Wisbar, Icbar, Handyswitcher etc); not a PIM replacement like PI.

Constant Caffeine
01-20-2006, 03:41 PM
I have battery pack 2004, which I like a lot. I like the drop down menu and taskbar as well.