View Full Version : Simple program switcher

tregnier
12-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Hi,

I just bought an Axim 51v. On my old iPaq, I used to use Wisbar as a program switcher (Put an icon at the top for open programs. I could tap on an icon to switch to the program). Wisbar is in beta on a WM5 solution, but it looks like it has drop down boxes, floating whatever, and a lot of stuff I don't want/need. It also isn't ready (from what I've read in the forums)

I am trying to find a simple program changer that will put open program icons at the top of the screen and allow me to change to that program by selecting the icon. The Dell comes with a "Switcher Bar" program, but it uses a drop down menu to change programs. You can't see what's open without using the drop down menu.

Anybody have some suggestions?

Thanks so much!

phunkynutz
12-20-2005, 02:24 PM
Sounds like MagicButton might do what you want:

http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/magicbutton.shtml

tregnier
12-20-2005, 05:11 PM
Sounds like MagicButton might do what you want:

You 'da man :!:

pocketpcadmirer
12-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Magic button is nice for a non phone edition like the x51v which u have.

But I dont recommend it for phone edition users because it hides the message and missed call icon :(

Sunny

tregnier
12-20-2005, 05:45 PM
To open Magic Button everytime, I have to go into the Program menu and select it. Is there a way to have it launch automatically when I turn on the PDA? I could do this on my iPaq by putting the file in the startup folder, but I can't find the MagicButton program file.

Thanks!

Pdaholic
12-20-2005, 10:03 PM
To open Magic Button everytime, I have to go into the Program menu and select it. Is there a way to have it launch automatically when I turn on the PDA? I could do this on my iPaq by putting the file in the startup folder, but I can't find the MagicButton program file.

Thanks!

Yes. Select and hold the Today screen-house icon on the top bar, select settings on the drop-down menu, then hit auto start. This seems to work on my JJ, esp with a soft reset. For some reason, the program just shuts itself off, so what I've found is on the today screen, just hit the upper right corner (which is where the OK button usually is), and Magic Button will automatically turn itself back on. Magically.

tregnier
12-20-2005, 11:52 PM
Thanks...I went back to the website and found the directions.

This site is great. It's really the people on it who are great. I don't see the rudeness and crap that I see on so many other use-type sites.

Peace on earth to you folks!

Guest979
12-21-2005, 03:50 AM
I had a related problem with MagicButton, even though I loved the concept - although getting it to launch at appropriate times wasn't difficult, it just disappeared periodically. Most likely, it was indeed crashing, but maybe I was misunderstanding the UI in some way. But since I only have WM2003 First Edition, I picked up the old version of WisBar Advance that is free (and good :) ).