View Full Version : How to Disconnect BT Activesync?

timnicholson
12-18-2005, 06:35 PM
I have a Motorola MPx220. I just got it and I *love* it! I have BT Activesync working, but what is absolutely crazy is that once it connects and syncs, it stays connected forever. Short of going in and turning off BT altoghether, how do you set the phone up to just sync and then disconnect (until the next time the mobile schedule kicks off a sync or you trigger it manually)?

Janak Parekh
12-19-2005, 03:18 AM
Two bits:

1. This question is best asked on Smartphone Thoughts (www.smartphonethoughts.com), our sister site dedicated to Smartphones like the MPx220.

2. I am not 100% sure, but I do know that some Smartphones do not have a "Stop" feature. 8O You can try hitting the End key, but I don't think it works. Short of that, you need to turn off BT or walk out of range. Yes, I know it's stupid, and there may be a third-party program to smooth the process (a "kill ActiveSync" mechanism). I'd suggest asking the folks at SPT.

--janak

timnicholson
12-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Thanks, I stumbled on this post over there. It was under a "Windows Mobile 5" post, but someone chimed in to say "hit the sync button repeatedly and it will disconnect". Sounds more like a bug, but I will give it a try. Thanks for pointing me to the other site.

Here is the post for those interested:
http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9762&highlight=bluetooth+activesync

pocketpcadmirer
12-21-2005, 08:14 AM
Pretty eldritch way of disconnecting

Sunny :lol: