View Full Version : SpB NOT closing programs

sbsmithfl
12-13-2005, 08:45 PM
I have a new 6700, win5, and have installed SpB+. I have it funcitoning normally, using the Today screen plug and such. BUT, I have noticed that it is not closing programs like it claims.

This is how I am determining: I go to Memory and click Running Programs. Nothing is running. Close Settings window.

2) then I open a work doc, and then close it

3) then back to Running programs, and Word is still listed as running?

Am I interpreting incorrectly, or is something messed up.

In SpB, I have assured the Tap: close selection is made

Any ideas?

thanks,
Stephen
Tallahassee, FL

buzzard
12-13-2005, 08:58 PM
I followed your process and running programs was blank after opening and closing Word.

Don't Panic!
12-13-2005, 09:19 PM
Same here I folowed the steps and Word was closed. Nothing was on the running program list. I'm using a JasJar. Next time you go to the options tray sbsmithfl click on tools and about and see if you're using version 3.0.4.

heov
12-14-2005, 01:26 AM
make sure you have it set to "Close" instead of minimize in teh SPB pocket plus options, or make sure you're not doing a gesture or whatever.

Darius Wey
12-14-2005, 04:33 AM
Here's a checklist.

(1) Go into the Pocket Plus settings and ensure the Close Button feature is activated.

(2) With Close Button highlighted, select Feature Options, tap on the Button tab, and ensure Close is the function assigned to On Tap.

(3) While you're there, select the Exceptions tab and ensure Word isn't listed as one of the exceptions.

(4) Finally, make sure you tap on the top-right corner, rather than tap-and-drag (which has a minimise function).

Sven Johannsen
12-16-2005, 12:30 AM
If you are in a Word Document and close the document, you wind up in the Word file dialog, the listing of all word, text, rtf files. That's still in Word, so Word is still running at that point. Close out of that document listing as well, and if SPB is set to Close, Word will be completely closed.