View Full Version : Pocket PC wakes up frequently

sbsmithfl
12-13-2005, 04:18 PM
Greetings,
This problem is driving me CRAZY and draining my PocketPC battery. It keeps waking itself up, from being shut off. There is no notification, no phone call, no reminder it displays,.....just wakes up. No pattern, could happen twice an hour, or 10 times.

This is new (2 weeks). I initially installed Microsoft Voice command trial, but uninstalled because it sucked. I also installed SpB tools, but have now uninstalled it, trying to troubleshoot this problem.

I do use ActiveSync with my desktop at least once a day.

Can someone give me some ideas? My wife bought the exact same one at the same time, and it does not have these problems, but she hasn't experimented with features as much either.

Thanks,
Stephen
Tallahassee, FL

Darius Wey
12-13-2005, 04:56 PM
It's most likely a program trying to access the internet every X number of minutes/hours. What third-party programs do you have installed?

In addition to that, open Messaging, navigate to Menu > Tools > Options, click on your account, then go to the final step and tap Options, and see if you have your e-mail account set to check mail every X minutes.

If you put your device into standby mode with Wi-Fi on, I also suggest turning it off.

daverph
02-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the tip, I didn't realize I had set the mail to retrieve every 60 minutes.