View Full Version : wallet programs versus notes encryption

dparker7
12-12-2005, 05:33 AM
If I was not wanting the flash of the graphics and individual slots for cards etc. -- I was wondering if the products like PhatNote with encryption is just as good to protect information as the other programs.

If I bouth PhatNote and set up the "My Cards" note with a password and since it is encrypted along with the name as well -- would there be a need to have e-wallet as well?

Appreciate the feedback

Sven Johannsen
12-12-2005, 06:55 PM
I don't think one or the other is going to give you better security. The Wallet programs do organize the data very well and generally give you fields based on the type of info, password, credit card, etc. that are pertinent to the type of info.

jgm
12-29-2005, 06:11 PM
If you guys could tell me a good program with some people I could trust I would appreciate it.

I'm new to this password thing. I just got Code Wallet through developer one and it wouldn't let me in. So I contacted them and they said that I had put a master password in and that the program wouldn't work now and there was nothing they could do. 60 bucks down the drain! Can you believe that? Nothing they could do. What a con! I mean I can see security and all but when a newbie can't even get into his own program there is definately something messed up with that. How am I supposed to know this stuff. Award winners through Pocket PC Magazine. What for incompetance? If you could steer me to some real programmers I would really appreciate it. I am not afraid to pay for the program either. I just want the darn thing to work and have some real support behind it. I'm tired these fly by night shams. Thanks.

jgm

tregnier
12-29-2005, 07:39 PM
The program is secure. If it could be opened by hacks, it wouldn't be secure. Sometimes experience teaches us things we wish we didn't know. I use eWallet and I love it.

Sven Johannsen
12-29-2005, 07:59 PM
I would un-install the program, and remove any of the folders, then re-install. The program doesn't come with a master password set. You had to do that, intentionally or not. That's different than a registration code. Read the instructions well.

E-wallet has a default password of 123 once the program is registered, then you change it to what you want. If you forget it you are out of luck there too, as far as opening the file with all your info, but it doesn't keep you from re-installing the program and starting over.