View Full Version : VS 2003, C#, & Deployment problems

Typhoon
12-12-2005, 01:06 AM
I'm using Visual Studio 2003 to code a PPC program with C#. I test the program(s) on my new X50v w/WM5.0. All of a sudden now I get deployment issues, even after reseting my computer several times. Anyone have an idea of what could be wrong? I get this message:

------ Deploy started: Project: IDE, Configuration: Debug Pocket PC ------

Deploying to Pocket PC Device using TCP Connect Transport

Error: Cannot establish a connection. Be sure the device is physically connected to the development computer.

....I get this message even though I the ActiveSync says its connected. Even after a hard reset, I still have the same problem.

JonMisurda
12-12-2005, 05:39 AM
Since you're using WM5 that means you have ActiveSync 4.x which is not supported via VS .NET 2003 or earlier.

You won't be able to debug or deploy over AS 4.

Isn't it grand.

Jon

Typhoon
12-12-2005, 07:08 AM
That's odd...it was working before...

JonMisurda
12-12-2005, 08:14 AM
Hmm, I really thought they weren't compatable, I know eVC++ certainly isn't.

Maybe this issue happened when you installed (or upgraded to 4.1 maybe?):

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813579

I don't have vs .net 2003, so I'm not much help, sorry.

Jon

Typhoon
12-12-2005, 08:44 AM
It's alright. Thanks. I thought about that. I'm going to try that...

Guest979
12-20-2005, 02:40 AM
I had the same issue, even with the PPC emulator, under Virtual PC on my Mac, and I eventually just gave up and used my real PocketPC to test my programs, even though it is a bit riskier. I didn't even use the real "deployment," i just Bluetoothed over a Cab or an Exe.

I Googled this issue extensively, and found that many, MANY people have this problem. Although occasionally someone found a solution to it, their solution often wouldn't work for anyone else, and it seemed like the only recurring theme was "Just wait for version 2005" (and pay for it too, I guess).

Typhoon
12-20-2005, 02:59 AM
lol Yea, kind of wierd huh? Some of these software problems with MS software is really wierd. Kind of like all the GUI suddenly dissappearing from VS 2003 projects. I found out that it has happened many times with many other people.

johnnylocust
12-20-2005, 08:08 AM
Try doing this:

Under Device Options-> Transport Configure->
Select "Use Specific IP Address" and set it to the ip address of your pocket computer.

Typhoon
12-20-2005, 08:29 AM
Thanks for your suggestion. I don't know if I will be trying it out soon though (I might), because I have already reverted the OS to WM 2003 SE which works fine...but I like 5.0 better (besides the flaws)...