View Full Version : PocketPC Guru's and GPS

MiataJet
12-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Ok, I got this from my dad after he passed away. But, he was one to never share many secrets and one part has me stumped. Its the GPS unit.

Its an HP iPAQ Pocket PC. Maybe 2 years old, 2003 Pocket PC Prem... w/ Outlook 2002, bluetooth compatable. There is a bluetooth Belkin GPS unit with it. It will connect but here's what happens. It searches for the GPS, finds it and then asks for a "PASSKEY". What the hell is that? Where do I find that? How do I enter that info? There are a few other things that I have questions about, but we'll start with that for now. My dad had a piece of paper in the case that reads
1. turn on bluetooth<bottom right>
2. press 2nd button on left side
wait for signal.

Can anyone help me?

Jeff Rutledge
12-10-2005, 09:03 PM
The passkey for most bluetooth GPS devices is four zeroes ('0000'). Try that and, if it's right, it should connect your iPAQ to the GPS receiver.

MiataJet
12-10-2005, 10:40 PM
Ok, I am connected. THANK YOU! But now how do I get the GPS location to show up on the Pocket? It is running under a slave connection.

Cybrid
12-13-2005, 12:23 PM
Ok, I am connected. THANK YOU! But now how do I get the GPS location to show up on the Pocket? It is running under a slave connection.Do you have the mapping software installed? Install that and select the correct map, activate gps, tell software which COM port to get the signal from.