View Full Version : MsMobiles "whining" about the no-invite to Mobius

ReDeVil
12-09-2005, 07:45 PM
Heres a link to how Msmobiles is gettin flammed after whining about how they werent invited to Mobius this year. A serious case of sour grapes IMHO. Disgusting.

http://msmobiles.com/f/viewtopic.php?t=10466&highlight=mobius

pretty much reflects the quality of that site. I'm thankfull for PPCT :lol:

CoreyJF
12-09-2005, 08:12 PM
I think they only times I have actually been to msmobiles.com is when they have posted something utterly asinine, and was linked to from some other site.

Paragon
12-09-2005, 08:31 PM
I think they only times I have actually been to msmobiles.com is when they have posted something utterly asinine

You must go there a lot. :beer:

Sorry. Sometimes I just can't help myself. ;)

CoreyJF
12-09-2005, 08:54 PM
I guess it is true that the only "bad press" is "no press"

pocketpcadmirer
12-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Thats insanity..literally..I'm MS should keep a good watch over this site..some have given pretty nasty comments too

Sunny :evil:

shindullin
12-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Wow. That was some hard core vitriol. Reminded me of the old days, during the "troubles" over at Brighthand and a few now dead sites several years ago. The guy who controls the site seems to be a bit imbalanced though. Can believe he's attacking even the suuper "nice guys" like Don't Panic.

Don't Panic!
12-13-2005, 01:36 AM
...long as he spells the name right. :mrgreen:

As it's been said in this thread before. Even bad 'Press'' is 'Press'. 0X

martin_ayton
12-13-2005, 10:50 AM
His big argument is that msmobiles is a top-ten popular site based on the number of hits. So, don't go there. Ever. Don't post links, and if you see links that others have posted, don't click on them. When nobody visits (and I can't for the life of me understand why anyone wastes their time visiting, let alone posting there) he may, finally, get the point. And if he doesn't, well who cares? He won't be annoying the rest of us.

shindullin
12-13-2005, 11:02 PM
I suspect that people will get tired of the fighting and move on to other sites, or the site will have to change in order to survive, just like all the other sites. There are so many good ones now days, the flow of traffic away from the juvenile, unrealiable, ones is inevitable.

snorbard
12-14-2005, 10:08 PM
I kinda disagree.
I find it interesting reading the news from both sides, and the msmobiles guy *does* provide the occasional bit of breaking news. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, his news was so cutting edge, HTC had to go legal to prevent him from talking about their hardware. :lol:

His comments may lean to the raving, but I also understand some of his points of contention - that of not allying with corporates (like Microsoft) too closely (and thereby being bound by all kinds of NDAs), but then being left out in the cold.
I think he falls into the grumpy-guy-who-doesn't ask-anyone-to-dance-but-then-moans-about-not-having-fun category

Just MHO

PS. I didn't read the link. I only read the msmobiles main site

airconvent
12-15-2005, 06:10 PM
As a mod from one of the "small" sites he mentioned, I can only say we all exist to share our experiences and interest in pocket pcs.
I don't think it should be a competition and we are happy where we are now, letting the site grow by itself as the number of ppc holders in our catchment area increases.

Who MS invites is of course entirely up to them but logically speaking, it would be natural for them not to extend a warm welcome to elements they consider as non-friendly. Hence, if one is to work towards restoration of relations, there is a need to change the manner in which business is done.

In anycase, fellow ppc sites should be working together to promote ppc , rather than trying to outfight each other for dominance. I am glad pocketpcthoughts has always been a good example and it was the very first site I came across when I first bought my ppc many years back.
At the time, Jason even took time to help me set up his avantgo channel and I'm thankful for his personal touch. PPCThoughts has come along way since then.

To all PPC sites, keep up the good work and spread the good word!

cheers

:D

stevelam
12-15-2005, 06:29 PM
You've got to laugh. My favorite image of msmobiles (that I have taken) is this one
http://img484.imageshack.us/my.php?image=msmobiles2xf.jpg

:lol:

Menneisyys
12-16-2005, 01:51 PM
I wish I (my desktop computer's IP) weren't banned from the msmobiles.com forum :)

G M Fude
12-17-2005, 03:48 AM
You've got to laugh. My favorite image of msmobiles (that I have taken) is this one
Yep, that's a cracker! Those msmobiles guys have their heads so far up... well never mind, but they haven't seen reality for a long time. If they didn't take things so seriously (in their own weird way) their site would be an absolute cackfest. Instead it's a travesty of the truth.

Paragon
12-17-2005, 09:35 AM
I think he falls into the grumpy-guy-who-doesn't ask-anyone-to-dance-but-then-moans-about-not-having-fun category

Oh, yikes! If that's the case then it's guys like him who have made it necessary to have metal detectors at dances. ;) He's way beyond grumpy.

Dave

msafi
12-18-2005, 01:16 AM
i think all of this is simply misunderstanding caused by different cultural values. just MO.

The PocketTV Team
12-18-2005, 03:31 AM
yes, it's a very entertaining and funny thread, thanks for sharing!

one amusing note: the page http://msmobiles.com/f/index.php has the text: msmobiles.com forums: no censorship

jacek will always be the same :)

Roosterman
12-21-2005, 06:33 PM
That thread was incredible. My sides hurt from laughing. :lol: It appears a reality check is despartly need there. 8O

KTamas
12-22-2005, 08:07 PM
I love msmobiles.com. As a journalist, i don't trust them, but watching an adult acting like a 3-year-old whining child is just pure hillarious.