View Full Version : Acer laptops

Typhoon
12-07-2005, 03:32 AM
Does anyone know how Acer's laptops rate? Versus Dell's? Any common problems? Any opinions or objections? Their laptops are pretty cheap on eBay

Fishie
12-07-2005, 08:07 AM
Better in every way IMO.
I choose an Acer travelmate 4000 series laptop over a year ago and to this day despite traveling the world over its still in perfect condition, not a sngle problem.
Meanwhile everyone I knew who got a Dell has had isseus with em.

Typhoon
12-07-2005, 08:20 AM
Wow. I wish I knew this before. But I think I will be buying a new laptop in the Spring. So what is your opinion of their customer/tech support? Or maybe you never needed it?

Fishie
12-07-2005, 08:50 AM
Never needed it so I cant comment on that.
Also seeing as how I am situated in Belgium and generally we get better support because of stronger consumer protection laws my experiences with customer support if I would have had problems would have been quite different from the levels of support companies provide in the US.

Typhoon
12-07-2005, 08:52 AM
Ohhhh yeaaa... that's right. Isn't it most of Europe that has better consumer protection laws and warranties?

Fishie
12-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Ohhhh yeaaa... that's right. Isn't it most of Europe that has better consumer protection laws and warranties?

Yah, we get 2 years on most electronic stuff, 5 years even on higher priced items like washing machines and stuff(ours rotate instead of go up and down like the stuff you guys use).

My Acer laptop came with 2 years local warranty AND 2 years of worldwide service warranty.

Typhoon
12-07-2005, 06:41 PM
That's unbelievable. Oh well. I think I will get an Acer next time.