View Full Version : Help! Toonel install problems / newbie questions

alpine
12-06-2005, 04:13 AM
Great informative articles, thank you.

I'm trying to install Toonel on my i-mate Jam, following these guides, and need help.

I have installed CrEme into it's default Windows location (Windows\CrEme), and have tested both the cube.html demo, and other java websites. All works fine.

So I've got my toonel.jar file (ver 0.0.50.30 win mobile) located in Windows\lib.

I created a shortcut to toonel.jar in the Startup folder. I changed the shortcut target from: \Windows\lib\toonel.jar to: 255#"\Windows\CrEme\bin\CrEme.exe" -Ob -classpath \Windows\lib\toonel.jar gui.ClientForm

When I click on the link, I get the error message: "Cannot find 'CrEme' (or one of it's components). Make sure the path and filename are correct..."

So where Am I going wrong? I've checked the link path 100 times, seems to be right. Am I not supposed to change the target? Where do I type the 255#..... sequence??

Please help!
Many thanks,
Adrian.

alpine
12-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Update:

I open CrEme and type: -Ob -classpath \Windows\lib\toonel.jar gui.ClientForm and it works!

So why is my link not working?

I found I'm only getting incoming compression of about 30% for a large variety of pages. I tried the new generic build (released on the 28th Nov) that has image compression as well, but it wont work with the CrEme version I have installed.

Any ideas?