View Full Version : Navigating in the UK with TomTom

DBoydNL
12-04-2005, 05:13 PM
I am using TomTom 5 and will be traveling in the UK some time soon.
Is there an add-on or overlay that I can use, to have TomTom remind me (especially after a right turn) to drive remember to drive in the left lane? Failing that: after every turn? Or perhaps added on to the final warning to turn right or left.
I imagine UK drivers might like to have the same thing for when they drive on the Continent or in the USA?

There are additional voices that I can download and they consist of various WAV files. I suppose I could record my own "right.wav" and "left.wav" and put them in the directory. Problem is, I cannot get any of those to work on my Ipaq 1910. The voices that come with TomTom all install as one large data file, not a directory of individual WAV's.

Any suggestions?

David

Andy Whiteford
12-05-2005, 12:26 PM
I'm not aware of any such solution but you may wish to visit the Pocket GPS World forum for a potential tool.
This may be a good idea for the application developers to pick up although I can't help but think you would soon be running on autopilot and not pick up on such comments to ensure you are driving on the correct side of the road. Worth firing off an email to TomTom though regardless.....

http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/