View Full Version : ActiveSync Error Codes Explained

Jason Dunn
12-02-2005, 08:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://blog.flaphead.dns2go.com/archive/2005/11/21/3202.aspx' target='_blank'>http://blog.flaphead.dns2go.com/arc...11/21/3202.aspx</a><br /><br /></div>This is something I've wondered about for years, and today I was just pointed to it: a document that details ActiveSync error codes, what they mean, and what the user should do. Invaluable! Here's an example: if you get an error code 85002000, it means that the device is out of storage space. You should delete files to free up some space, and try again. Worth the bookmark!

powder2000
12-02-2005, 10:02 PM
So, please tell why doesn't the error just say that! Sheeesh, talk about top secret information!

Phillip Dyson
12-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Great resource.

If only they could tell me why my Intellisync appointments wont sync over the air with Mobile Activesync.

I usually have to use desktop activesync to sync with outlook.

Its not an error but a warning. But annoying none the less.

BarryB
12-03-2005, 05:53 AM
So, please tell why doesn't the error just say that! Sheeesh, talk about top secret information!

Agreed. That's been one of my complaints for years.

KTamas
12-03-2005, 01:42 PM

Agreed. That's been one of my complaints for years.
Cause It'd be just way too easy, duh. Easiness is the way of Macs. We do PC! &lt;/sarcasm> :wink:

OSUKid7
01-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Well, since I upgraded (ha) to ActiveSync 4.1 for my new Axim X51v, I've been getting quite a few ActiveSync errors. I remembered this news item and was optimistic I would figure out how to fix it. Well this is the error:
A critical error has occurred. ActiveSync can recover from this error, but the next time you synchronize, you may lose changes made since your last successful synchronization.

Support Code:86000209
Yeah...that's not one of the listed error codes. Any ideas?

emuelle1
01-03-2006, 10:24 PM
It's the way of Microsoft. Remember the old "syntax error" from DOS? They've always told you that there IS a problem without telling you exactly what is causing the problem.

Sven Johannsen
01-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Which dredges up the story of the helicopter pilot that was lost in fog in the Seattle area. He got close enough to a building that he could see the people inside. He wrote a sign and held it up asking "Where am I?" The building occupants held up a sign saying "You are in a Helicopter". With that he immediatly turned saying to his passengers he knew exactly where he was now. When they asked how that answer had helped, he remarked, The answer was totally accurate and totally useless. I had to be at Microsoft."