View Full Version : Problems with Avantgo not syncing

ToddJ
12-02-2005, 05:36 PM
I cannot get Avantgo to sync lately...this problem has happened on and off for awhile...on my Pocket PC it just says my login name and no password. When I put it in and activesync, it looks like it is working (it searches the internet for updated pages) but when I try to look at it, it still shows that same screen. Is anyone else having this problem?

ToddJ
12-03-2005, 05:41 PM
anyone?

twmiller
12-05-2005, 06:55 PM
This happens to me on occasion. I am not sure about your setup, but I am running the latest avantgo version on my CF card. When this error happens, I usually will take the CF card, put it into a card reader (hooked to my laptop) and run scandisk to insure everything is ok (ie bad sectors). After that, I stick it back into my x50v, uninstall and reinstall avantgo.

I am not exactly sure what causes this issue, it happens to me about every six months. Maybe its a DB file that gets corrupted?

Brad Adrian
12-10-2005, 04:00 AM
AvantGo's servers go down periodically, but be sure to recheck your server settings on both your Pocket PC and ActiveSync. I've had them mysteriously disappear before.

ToddJ
02-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Can you even run Avantgo off of a memory card? I have tried it and it doesn't seem to work.

Nurhisham Hussein
02-07-2006, 02:25 AM
Well you could in WM2003SE, it just required a registry hack. Not really worthwhile though, as you run the risk of corrupting the card and the program takes a reaaalllyyy long time to load.