View Full Version : "<" in an SSID

Heavy Eddie
11-29-2005, 02:38 AM
My company uses the "&lt;" character in the wireless network's SSID. I'm running a Dell Axim with 2003SE on it. It doesn't allow this character... any way to get around this?

OSUKid7
11-29-2005, 06:06 AM
I'm not entirely sure, but you might want to try using the Funk Odyssey client. (http://www.funk.com/download.asp?acg=6) It's not a pretty solution, but it may help. Definitely try the trial first though, as it's not an inexpensive piece of software. And since you say this is for work, maybe you can get them to buy you a license for it. ;)

Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)

Cybrid
12-02-2005, 01:45 PM
I'm not entirely sure, but you might want to try using the Funk Odyssey client. (http://www.funk.com/download.asp?acg=6) It's not a pretty solution, but it may help. Definitely try the trial first though, as it's not an inexpensive piece of software. And since you say this is for work, maybe you can get them to buy you a license for it. ;)

Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)X50 and X51's come with Odyssey. So unless he's got an older he might be in luck :idea:

Heavy Eddie
12-05-2005, 02:18 AM
Hmmm... I thought I would get an Email if I had a response. Sorry. I will give it a try tomorrow when I get in tomorrow and let you know. I sure hope so.

Janak Parekh
12-05-2005, 04:59 AM
Hmmm... I thought I would get an Email if I had a response.
Only if you hit "Watch this topic for replies" at the bottom. :)

--janak

Cybrid
12-05-2005, 05:44 AM
Hmmm... I thought I would get an Email if I had a response.
Only if you hit "Watch this topic for replies" at the bottom. :)

--janakBut if he started this thread, isn't he auto subscribed?

OSUKid7
12-05-2005, 05:53 AM
But if he started this thread, isn't he auto subscribed?
Only if he checked that option in his preferences.

... :nonono: :P

Heavy Eddie
12-06-2005, 02:01 AM
I may have problems watching a topic... but I can get online at work now!

The Funk Odyssey client did the trick. How nice to be wireless at work again. Thanks for the help folks.

OSUKid7
12-06-2005, 02:06 AM
I may have problems watching a topic... but I can get online at work now!

The Funk Odyssey client did the trick. How nice to be wireless at work again. Thanks for the help folks.
Good to hear! :) Enjoy the wireless.