View Full Version : gsplayer and .asx playlist support

heov
11-28-2005, 01:18 AM
so i've been using wmp10 on ppc for a while, and i've set wmp10 on my pc to sync a playlist that I have to my ppc on connect. it works great, my sogns get to my ppc, and my playlist is in wmp10 for ppc.

but i don't want to use wmp10 anymore cause it takes up too much ram, and surfing + wmp10 on my rx1955 basically makes it crawl.

so i got gsplayer and it uses like <1mb, and it's great. I can manually create a playlist of all my files, but i'd prefer to simply open the .asx file.

is there a plugin that allows me to do this?

i tried chaning my playlist from .wpl to .m3u on my computer, but when it syncs, it still converts it to .asx, and i can't find any conversion settings for playlists (my songs are set NOT to convert).

if there is no way, is there another music player that uses less than 1mb that will do this, or is there something i can do in wmp10 on pc to fix this? I don't want to use a different music program on my pc.

thanks

JonMisurda
11-28-2005, 03:12 AM
My playlist editor ( http://www.cs.pitt.edu/~jmisurda/ppc ) will handle that. Open up the ASX playlist and hit "File->Save As" Then rename it and pick the M3U or PLS format.

Let me know if it doesn't work (if you send me the playlist I'll make sure it works in the next version!)

Jon

heov
11-28-2005, 05:19 AM
My playlist editor ( http://www.cs.pitt.edu/~jmisurda/ppc ) will handle that. Open up the ASX playlist and hit "File->Save As" Then rename it and pick the M3U or PLS format.

Let me know if it doesn't work (if you send me the playlist I'll make sure it works in the next version!)

Jon

your program will convert them, but what i'd really like is something that doesn't require me to convert it everytime i sync.

my wmp10 playlist is always changing, and when i grab my ppc in the morning, i'd basically have to run your app and load the .asx and save it as a .pls.

which is probalby the best soluiton thus far, but an extra step i don't want to deal with.

thanks for your suggestion.