View Full Version : email support on outlook

Barrett1Boehm
11-24-2005, 09:25 PM
does anyone know how to sync a Novell Groupwise account with pocket outlook? I am using a ppc-6700 and my email account is through my school, DePauw University. Is there any way to set up email through Sprint's website? I don't know what type of server novell email uses. does anybody know how to set up such an email account or does anybody have any experience with the ppc-6700 email. I want my email to come straight to the device like a blackberry. any suggestions? or comments.

Jason Dunn
11-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Does your school account allow POP or IMAP access? i.e.: can you check your mail with a laptop off campus now? If so, set up Pocket Inbox the same way. If not, you'll have to be more specific about what kind of problem you're having.

Barrett1Boehm
11-24-2005, 10:23 PM
I cannot access my school account from outlook on my laptop..I have to go through a novell client program. however, with my blackberry, I was able to set up my email account online by simply entering my email address and it automatically configuring the mail account. also, I could managed my acount through the blackberry meaning if I deleted it on my device it deleted on my mailbox. when sprint says email support under the vision access pack, I figured i'd get something similar. i've configured my yahoo account on the device but it doesn't seem too reliable in sending and retrieving my mail. any thoughts?

Jason Dunn
11-25-2005, 12:12 AM
I know nothing about Novell Groupwise, so I can't help, sorry. Hopefully someone else can.

Barrett1Boehm
11-25-2005, 01:57 AM
thanks jason. i'm mainly worried about receiving my email as I did with my blackberry...so I don't have to wait for outlook to send/receive. any help would be appreciated...again I am using the new sprint ppc-6700.

Jason Dunn
11-25-2005, 02:24 AM
thanks jason. i'm mainly worried about receiving my email as I did with my blackberry...so I don't have to wait for outlook to send/receive. any help would be appreciated...again I am using the new sprint ppc-6700.

Well, the issue is that the Pocket PC doesn't play nice with Novell Groupwise, and your Blackberry did. While I think Pocket PCs are great, they're not for everyone, especially for people that can't pick their email solutions.

But maybe this will help:
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tip/9705.html