View Full Version : Application compatability with Samsung's Bulverde processor?

dugn
11-24-2005, 08:56 PM
I'm upgrading to the i730 from the ARM-based HP Jornada 568 and wanted to know what I needed to do to ensure my library of purchased applications would be compatible. Although I've started downloading the latest versions of these purchased apps to ensure compatibity with the newer/different screen sizes that are now available, but will my apps even work since the processor is completely different?

I know that my HP is ARM-based, but it's not clear to me if I'll have to purchase different versions of my existing apps so they will work on the Samsung. Any insights?

Janak Parekh
11-24-2005, 09:14 PM
The processor in the i730 is also ARM-based -- even though it has a different model (the Intel XScale PXA272), it should be able to run older ARM code just fine. If you have incompatibilities, they'll far more likely be due to OS differences than processor differences.

--janak

dugn
11-24-2005, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the speeedy reply (on Thanksgiving no less!)! That's great news! My applications remain useful! Whoo hoo!

Have a great Thanksgiving - and all the best to you and yours!