View Full Version : Windows Media Version 10 and Playlists

dickiedove
11-24-2005, 08:26 PM
Apologies if this is a dumb question but how do you make playlists with Windows Media 10 Mobile? Or can't you... Do you have to go to the desk to version to do it? I want to make mixes of all the music on my SD card.

Thanks for any help

JonMisurda
11-25-2005, 01:12 AM
WMP10 can be used to make a "now playing" playlist, but there is no way to save them.

However, I have written an application that allows you to make playlists on your device and save them for later use.

Download the freeware PlaylistEditor from http://www.cs.pitt.edu/~jmisurda/ppc/

I hope that helps!

Jon

Phillip Dyson
11-25-2005, 02:19 AM
Jon,

I've got Mortplayer, TCMP Player, PocketMusic, PocketPlayer, and WM9 on my PDA. The playlist function in all of them is frustrating and pitiful.

I actually discovered you editor 2 days ago and it was a relief. Great work.

cab124
11-25-2005, 03:15 AM
I spent about an hour trying to figure out how to create a playlist on my device the first time I tried out WMP 10 Mobile. I finally gave up and decided that Microsoft must have decided that I won't ever want to do this. Not sure I understand why they wouldn't include such a basic feature.

pocketpcadmirer
12-02-2005, 11:25 AM
I spent about an hour trying to figure out how to create a playlist on my device the first time I tried out WMP 10 Mobile. I finally gave up and decided that Microsoft must have decided that I won't ever want to do this. Not sure I understand why they wouldn't include such a basic feature.

I don't know why microsoft has made every deliberate effort to make win mobile so dumb(may be thats why they will launching a completly new OS in year 2007).

Sunny :?:

rocky_raher
12-02-2005, 03:01 PM
I don't have WM10 yet. Is a WM10 playlist file still in XML format? If so, is it identical in format to earlier formats, so that I can simply copy my old playlists over when I upgrade?

JonMisurda
12-02-2005, 08:53 PM
Yes, WMP can still open ASX playlists which are XML based. You can double check that it is an ASX playlist by opening it up in a text editor and seeing the ASX tag and a version number.

I think you should be able to copy them over fine.

Jon