View Full Version : Windows Media 2003: Shortcuts?

phantaskiezz
11-23-2005, 10:15 PM
Working with my boss's HP iPaq 4705, I'm trying to get a voice-recognition software to work (Voice2Go, if you're interested). One of my problems is forming macros; basically every app has to be accessed through the Start menu, which doesn't let the simple macro input commands of "Tap" "Tap and Hold" and "Finish" quite work properly. In short, is there any way to get icons on the main background to manipulate, or any other way around the Start menu?

Menneisyys
11-24-2005, 07:50 AM
Working with my boss's HP iPaq 4705, I'm trying to get a voice-recognition software to work (Voice2Go, if you're interested). One of my problems is forming macros; basically every app has to be accessed through the Start menu, which doesn't let the simple macro input commands of "Tap" "Tap and Hold" and "Finish" quite work properly. In short, is there any way to get icons on the main background to manipulate, or any other way around the Start menu?

Welcome to PPCT :D

I've played a bit with the program (and have also written a review of it, voice contol-wise – see http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&title=what_voice_controller_apps_are_there&more=1 for some links and a summary if interested).

I don't see why you need defining applications to be directly executed in the macros section at all – you can also associate applications (not only macros) with any voice command if you choose 'applications' in the drop-down menu as in the following screenshot:

http://winmobiletech.com/kuvat/Voice2GoApplicationAssociation.gif.png

That way, you can execute anything.

BTW, for XML/hacker freaks, some genuine info: it's not possible to just pass the macro module a .lnk/.exe file to execute. I've scrutinized Voice2Go.exe to find out what XML tags/attributes are allowed in the XML macro file, Program Files\VITO Tech\Voice2Go\Commands\Commands.xml. I secretly hoped I'd find some tags like 'Execute', in addition to the plain Commands/Command (Type/Name/Voice/Link/Phone)/Points/Point(X/Y/Hold) XML tags/attributes (the latter being in parentheses).

Unfortunately, all (tags + attributes) I've found is the following: 'Type Name Voice Link Phone Points Hold Y X tag Type Name Voice Link Phone Points Hold Y Point X'; that is, nothing more than the above-mentioned ones, which only allow for click (and hold) operations with a X/Y coordinate pair. That is, it seems it's not possible to directly pass an executable to the Voice2Go macro engine – this is why applications must directly be linked from the 'applications' drop-down menu.