View Full Version : JasJar, O2 exec, & dopod 900

samfre
11-23-2005, 09:15 AM
Is there any different between these three except their brand name. if so which one is better device

Nurhisham Hussein
11-23-2005, 09:24 AM
There is no difference between these devices in terms of hardware - apart from the brand they're all cosmetic variations on the HTC Universal design. The only difference in software is the programs loaded by the different brand owners.

samfre
11-23-2005, 09:37 AM
thanks for your info

Pdaholic
11-23-2005, 03:00 PM
Can I make a suggestion...

If you are going to buy one of these, stay away from the Jasjar. iMate customer service SUCKS!!!!!

The only way you can apparently reach this company is by email (they don't respond) or by their online Q&A sessions (they're never available). Buy a Jasjar, and you're on your own when it comes to service.

I am speaking from personal experience, and I think numerous others will agree.

Nurhisham Hussein
11-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Are the rest any better :devilboy: ? Dopod is available in my country - but the service centre hasn't even been opened up yet.

Pdaholic
11-23-2005, 04:14 PM
I'm sorry I can't speak for the other companies. I recommend that you google, say, dopod and customer service.

All I know is my Jasjar was doing a weird screen mirroring when I first bought it, and a hard reset wouldn't stop it. Had to be the hardware. I tried every way possible to get in touch with iMate, but NO REPLIES. Has been 2 months now without a response. I've even left hateful messages over at club iMate forums (along with other dissatisfied customers).

I highly recommend you stay away from any iMate product!!!

Nurhisham Hussein
11-23-2005, 04:32 PM
Probably OT but I'll ask anyway - what do you mean by screen mirroring?

Pdaholic
11-23-2005, 04:35 PM
Literally, the screen would flip and I could look at it in a mirror and read it.

samfre
11-24-2005, 03:50 AM
thx everyone, but how about qtek

Nurhisham Hussein
11-24-2005, 04:02 AM
From what I hear (and I could be wrong), Qtek and Dopod are sister companies, with Qtek responsible for distribution in Europe, and Dopod in Asia. They're supposedly owned by the same family that owns HTC, which actually manufactures and designs these devices. As for how good their support is, I really can't help you there.

Though to be honest, given the high number of complaints about the Universal I'm not sure it's a good purchase to make, at least until they release some fixes and get better quality control.

samfre
11-24-2005, 04:39 AM
From what I hear (and I could be wrong), Qtek and Dopod are sister companies, with Qtek responsible for distribution in Europe, and Dopod in Asia. They're supposedly owned by the same family that owns HTC, which actually manufactures and designs these devices. As for how good their support is, I really can't help you there.

Though to be honest, given the high number of complaints about the Universal I'm not sure it's a good purchase to make, at least until they release some fixes and get better quality control.

thanks for your info :D

Nurhisham Hussein
11-24-2005, 04:48 AM
You're welcome!

snorbard
12-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Just have to mention that the South African distributors of i-mate products, Leaf Wireless, actually have an excellent reputation for customer service in the market.