View Full Version : Advice wanted: Fix X30 (mid) or replace/upgrade

A_bug
11-22-2005, 05:46 PM
Ok,

I'll cut to the chase.

I've got an X30 (mid). Out of warranty The sync pin is gone. I can still charge, but can only sync with IR (don't have WiFi or BT set up). :(

So Option #1 PPCTechs $60 +Shipping - Though I still have a question as I thought I read elsewhere (on this site) that they don't replace with the same 'pin' connector but the 'circuit' type. Does that mean I need to buy new connectors? (or tips?) :?:

Option #2: Try and sell it (as is) here (or eBay) and use what ever I can get for it ($75 - $125?) and put that towards the purchase of another
[A] X30 (mid/high)
or
[B] X50
(I’ve got a little b-day money I can use to supplement if necessary)?

Option #3: PPC Techs fix and then try selling it on Ebay?

Option #4: Live and hope I have money when it is absolutely neccesary to buy something.

Other than the Pins, its in fairly good shape (I've got a nice EB Case and 512KB SD card).

Anyone have thoughts, suggestions, etc. And please don't suggest fixing it myself. . .My skills are limited and when it comes to soldering I get the shakes just thinking about it :D

Any thing is greatly appreciated;

A (pining) Bug :dilemma:

PetiteFlower
11-22-2005, 08:07 PM
Another option is to get the necessary equipment to sync by BT or wifi. If your X30 already has bluetooth built in, all you'd need is a little USB bluetooth dongle to plug into your PC.