View Full Version : GPRS Connection does not Disconnect after Mail Check

buzz1317
11-20-2005, 05:13 PM
I have tried several programs and also the standard program for my HP 6515 and have the same issue where once the program checks the mail via gprs it does not close the connection.
I would assume that it should close the connection until the next time it is suppose to check the mail as it would not run the battery down as fast.
Any help on this would be appriciated!

jamiejackson
11-27-2005, 04:35 PM
My K-Jam does the same thing. The solution on the K-Jam is to hold down the 'end call' button (little red telephone button) until the GPRS disconnects.

Don't know if that will work on your HP.

Janak Parekh
11-27-2005, 05:41 PM
FWIW, this is kind of "by design" -- that is, the GPRS connection goes into an idle mode which should not use nearly as much battery as active mode. Depending on your device, there may also be a "disconnect" option if you tap the antenna.

--janak

sooby77
12-15-2005, 11:24 PM
I was looking around in the registry on my 9100 and found this key in HKLM\Drivers\BuilIn\RIL\GPRSAutoDetach. It's set at "0" (off) by default. For those having problems that GPRS does not disconnect automatically, changing this to "1" might solve your problem. I did not test it personally.