View Full Version : Theme Program for WM5?

OneAngryDwarf
11-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Is there a program for making themes for WM5? I never understand why MS doesn't make the background picture fade optional... i want to use an image of my own design that will be made to not interfere and i don't need or want WM5 to fade the image.

robert_biggs
11-17-2005, 12:21 AM
You can choose the amount of fade on a background picture if you use the included Pictures & Video program with WM5. Just browse to the picture you wish to use and select Menu>Set as Today Background... From there you can choose 0% fade and frame the part of the image you want to use.

Darius Wey
11-17-2005, 02:09 AM
Is there a program for making themes for WM5?

There's nothing really official yet. Most of the Windows Mobile 5.0-compatible themes in the market were made manually with a text editor. However, I'm pretty sure a new theme-making program is just around the corner.

I never understand why MS doesn't make the background picture fade optional... i want to use an image of my own design that will be made to not interfere and i don't need or want WM5 to fade the image.

Robert's spot on with his answer.

OneAngryDwarf
11-17-2005, 02:38 AM
Thanks so much for that... now if only they had actually put option in the today Today portion of settings... that would only make sense... but seriously thanks, i appreciate the tip and am using it now

Don't Panic!
11-17-2005, 03:33 PM
kamware (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43371) is working on updating thememaker for WM5.