View Full Version : PDAMill have no plans to update their games for HW6515

dickiedove
11-15-2005, 01:56 PM
:cry: Had it in writing this morning.... How upsetting!!

Somebody out there has got to write a decent Golf game and a decent racer for the SQUARE screen. Seriously when the Treo comes out those that take the plunge now will make a fortune, its a trapped market!!!!

Robb Bates
11-15-2005, 03:18 PM
I hate to say it, but I think the square screen was doomed from the get go.

I think the 4x3 screen is always going to dominate because that's the size of standard video.

It's too bad too. There are some sweet devices out there with square screens. I personally love the form factor of the new Treos. I had a Treo 180 (yes Palm, but square screen) once upon a time and I still miss it.

Robb

Janak Parekh
11-15-2005, 10:42 PM
I hate to say it, but I think the square screen was doomed from the get go.
I think it's far too early to say that. If nothing else, the adoption of the Treo 700w may change the demand for square-screen solutions.

--janak

pocketpcadmirer
11-16-2005, 04:42 PM
recompiling the game and making it playable on a square screen requires lot of efforts..perhaps the company just doesnt want to do it now just because of one model

maybe in future..there will be a couple of new sqaure ppc phones releasing this or next month or so..so keep ur eyes on this wonderful site mate !!

Sunny 0X 0X

Darius Wey
11-16-2005, 05:20 PM
I agree with Janak on this one. It's far too early to say square screens are dead. We'll need to wait for a few more devices to be released before we can come to that conclusion - hw6715, Treo 700w, the rumoured HTC Muse, etc.

With more choice, more consumers will look at square-screen devices as an option, and with that in mind, developers might extend support for these particular devices.

Janak Parekh
11-16-2005, 05:32 PM
With more choice, more consumers will look at square-screen devices as an option, and with that in mind, developers might extend support for these particular devices.
Right, although when it comes to things like games, supporting multiple screen ratios is an incredibly hard thing. I'm sure the majority of games will continue to focus on 240x320 on Pocket PC for now, because redesigning a game UI is just not trivial, especially for full-screen PDAMill-style affairs.

I don't blame them for their position; right now, the square-screen devices are best as business units and less so for gameplaying.

--janak

dickiedove
11-22-2005, 08:19 PM
OmniG are supporting it!!!! Speed City and Chopper Fight work beautifully and 9 Hole Golf and Owen's Monster Truck resize themselves with two black bands vertically down the sides of the screen.

Mteam and Atomic Battle Dragons also work!!

I think maybe developers might be thinking to the future on this one already. Who'd of thought it eh!

dickiedove
11-23-2005, 04:21 PM
"GameBox Classics, GameBox Gems, GameBox Solitaire and Flux Challenge are now supporting 240 x 240 pixels screen size. Therefore these games run with an enhanced user interface on the popular HP iPaq hw6500, HP iPaq 6700 and Palm Treo 700w and some other similar devices.

Stay tuned for more to come compatible with your favorite device!"

Apologies for my lack of faith and on behalf of the ill informed MOS at PDA Mill who told me otherwise.