View Full Version : Best Software for HW6515

juan_chiriboga
11-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Folks,

I have just received my ipaq messenger, and I have a few concerns.
1. Due to the smaller screen, i don't want to have so much stuff on my today screen so that it requires scrolling.
2. Best App Launcher and task manager?
3. Pocket Breeze - Good idea??
4. I am a mac user, so i install everythin via cab files... how can i install the apps from the cab files in an alternate location as the default - I'd like to install them in the ipaq file store, so that i don't use main memory and slow the phone down.
5. Any cool apps??

Thanks a lot!!!!

pocketpcadmirer
01-08-2006, 06:51 PM
1.u gave answer urself
2.I use handy launcher due to its very small imprint. I wont recommend u magic button coz u r running ppc phone edition
3.indeed
4.there is though a way..install an app like win rar and then right click on the app to extract the files
5.resco explorer is must and may be pocket plus(then dont buy handy launcher)

Sunny

Menneisyys
01-09-2006, 02:35 PM
4. I am a mac user, so i install everythin via cab files... how can i install the apps from the cab files in an alternate location as the default - I'd like to install them in the ipaq file store, so that i don't use main memory and slow the phone down.

Please read http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&title=how_do_i_install_all_my_applications_on

Nurhisham Hussein
01-09-2006, 06:19 PM
One vote for Menny's hacks - I use the File Dialog Changer, and boy does it help with really organising installations. Cabinstl works as well, but is less versatile, though more stable - FDC has caused some spontaneous soft resets with some cabs.

Menneisyys
01-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Cabinstl works as well, but is less versatile, though more stable - FDC has caused some spontaneous soft resets with some cabs.

I'd add that it's only a problem with WM2003SE. Pre-WM2003SE devices don't suffer from this problem. Unfortunately, the hw6515 runs WM2003SE, so, I'd stick to CabInstl on it.

Nurhisham Hussein
01-10-2006, 03:19 AM
It hasn't caused me much difficulty, I've installed both apps, and when an install gives me problems (rare) with FDC, I've disabled it and installed with CabInstl. Then FDC goes right back on again. :)

pocketpcadmirer
01-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Cabinstl works as well, but is less versatile, though more stable - FDC has caused some spontaneous soft resets with some cabs.

No the app didnt caused me any problems too. Works nicely on my magician as-well-as ipaq 2215

Sunny :)