View Full Version : Acrobat reader problem

Mahmood
11-14-2005, 02:05 PM
Hi

I have been trying to view Acrobat Reader files on my pocket pc. I installed acrobat reader and uploaded some pdf files but they are not recognised.
The first thing that wonders me is that I don't see Acrobat readers icon on my programs list. Is this the way it should be?

hamishmacdonald
11-14-2005, 02:44 PM
I've been having this issue, too, ever since I installed Acrobat to an external memory card (which is present when the device starts up).

I'm also using Resco Explorer, which has a tendency to change the file and creator types in certain instances. I've been setting them back with MyExtensions, but double-clicking .PDF files brings up an error message in Reader about the file not existing -- which it does when I open it from within Reader.

Annoying, but I still don't want to put 8MB of Reader on my internal storage.

Mahmood
11-14-2005, 06:52 PM
Problem is that I can not find Acrobat reader at all, let alone opening a pdf whereas I have installed Acrobat for mobile computers and didn't get any error message.

Mahmood
11-14-2005, 08:33 PM
I don't know what was wrong but I hard reset the pocket pc and re-installed acrobat and it is working now.

kotkinjs1
11-21-2005, 03:30 AM
after you start using Acrobat reader for a while I'm sure you'll begin to look for alternatives. When you do, check out Cerience's Repligo reader. Acrobat is a HUGE program and I found it wouldn't play nice sometimes - lock up, hang when trying to switch between Acrobat and something else, slow the system down, etc. It also doesn't display very nice depending on the kind of document (many pictures, formats, etc).
Repligo is much smaller of an .exe, doesn't take much resources to run it, and displays much much nicer than Acrobat. It's also easier to navigate within docs also. And the best thing is that you can save and view not only pdf's but any kind of office document - Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
Go check it out.
(p.s. - I don't work for them or anything; :lol: I just got real frustrated with Adobe on the PPC so I was real happy when I found out about Repligo!)