View Full Version : Missing today icons

craig_f
11-11-2005, 10:00 PM
I have recently bought a Ipaq rx3715.

After checking the specs, I have Windows Mobile 2003 SE.

From my understanding one of the features of WM2003 is the extras on the today screen showing remaining battery, memory etc as well as usual date, owner, messages, appointments and task items.

Is this correct, if so how do i get these extras?

Sven Johannsen
11-11-2005, 10:22 PM
Actually, no it's not. None of the PPCs I'm aware of have such useful info on the today page without resorting to third party applications. Since you have a 3715 have you already figured out how to get to the normal Today screen, rather than the media centric one the device ships with. That's in Settings, Today and items Tab. There you will see al the stuff you could show that the device comes with. There's one that says media something checked by default which is what is grabbing the today screen.

Jimmy Dodd
12-01-2005, 06:12 PM
My hx2755 came with a plug-in called TodayPannel Lite that has what you are asking about. I don't know about the 3xxx series, though. Look in Setting->Today->Items for it.

craig_f
12-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the replys guys, I must admit I totally forgot about this thread :oops:

Jimmy: I did have a look for that plug-in unfortunatly it does'nt appear in the list :( but thanks for the suggestion.

I have actually purchased SPB's Pocket plus, which is fantastic.
Nice and stable, unlike other today plugin apps I tried :(

CookieKid
12-11-2005, 08:24 PM
any chance we can grab that media centric plugin and use it on a another ppc?

Darius Wey
12-12-2005, 04:23 AM
any chance we can grab that media centric plugin and use it on a another ppc?

Not without engaging in some crazy hack job. That Today plug-in is built around the iPAQ Entertainment applications. If you port it over to another Pocket PC as-is, I'd expect it to not work properly.

Besides, that thing takes up the entire Today screen with no real benefits. Are you sure you still want it? ;)