View Full Version : One-handed navigation in WM2005?

Michel
11-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Hello,

I'm thinking about getting the HTC Wizard/Qtek 9100, but would like to know exactly how well implemented the one-handed navigational capability is in WM2005?

Are there any operations that cannot be be performed without the stylus?

Perhaps I should add that I currently own a Treo650, and the one-handed use is something I really appreciate, hence my question.

Thank you

Sven Johannsen
11-11-2005, 08:04 PM
At the risk of inviting gasps from some, there's nothing that says your finger can't touch the screen.

There are still some things that were missed on the PPC/PPCPE devices to allow complete touchless use. Some of that is just little things that were missed, some are because programmers weren't thinking about touchless use when designing for the PPC (as opposed to a Smartphone). Some degree of touching/tapping is still because the hardware may not have dedicated buttons for the soft keys.

There have been some threads here that point out assorted specifics, but I think, for the most part, you will be faced with little more than having to tap a dialog box, or a soft key, and I do that regularly with my finger.

aroma
11-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Most of the apps I've been using work fine with one hand. Like Sven mentioned, it will partly depend on how the applications were developed. My unit doesn't have dedicated keys for the soft buttons, but I've assinged the softbuttons to other hardware buttons on the unit. I can do most of the tasks I need to with utilizing the buttons along the bottom of the unit. Much more convienient than what I used to go through with WM 2003.