View Full Version : WM5/Universal: IMAP issues

Jorg-XDA
11-11-2005, 11:04 AM
Hi all,

I just received my HTC Universal (MDA Pro), but I am facing difficulties in using the Mailclient for my IMAP server.

I set the account to receive only the messages of the past 5 days, however, it received messages from the past half year (about 600), and does not erase the old ones.

Furthermore, once doing a Send/Receive, it will relatively quickly receive the latest message headers, however afterwards, it stays for several minutes in the "receiving" mode. The app seems to hang at this time, and it takes about 5 minutes before I can do anything on the device again.

Q: How can I set mail to only display 5 days of messages? All of this worked perfectly with the same settings (as far as I can tell) on my XDA1 with MW2003.

Thanks.

shivafool
11-20-2005, 10:17 PM
It seems the best place to go for problems like this is www.xda-developers.com. They have a forum dedicated to the Universal. So I can't answer your question better than that.

snorbard
12-07-2005, 09:25 PM
I'm having a similar problem, but before I mention that, try the following:
Go to the mail client. Tap Menu/Tools/Manage Folders...

Then tap and hold on the folder you want to edit, and choose Folder Options. Check your settings there and then do a Send/Receive.
Hope that works.

My problem is that I'm finding that the mail app tends to download the FULL mail with all attachments in the Inbox folder. Quite scary if you have limited GPRS available.

I believe that the mail app may be a teensy bit buggy.
Hopefully WebIs will have full Windows Mobile 5 support to their Mail app soon! :mrgreen: