View Full Version : SoftMaker's Carnival Celebrations: PlanMaker Discounts For All

Janak Parekh
11-11-2005, 06:15 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.softmaker.com/english/index_en.php' target='_blank'>http://www.softmaker.com/english/index_en.php</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Exactly on November 11 at 11:11 am German time, Carnival starts in SoftMaker's hometown of Nürnberg – world-famous in Germany. Rio de Janeiro, move over! Mardi Gras? Bah! We have carnival speeches, polonaise, weird dances and way too much beer. Other results of Carnival become apparent nine months later. It is customary to do harebrained things on the day Carnival starts. Following this rite, we are now offering...PlanMaker for EUR 22.22 or US$ 22.22 each – your choice of PlanMaker for Windows, Linux, Pocket PCs, or Handheld PCs."</i><br /><br />That's just under 5 hours from now: 3:11AM Mountain Time. While this deal doesn't include TextMaker this year, for those of you who need a spreadsheet program, it might be worth checking out.

ctmagnus
11-11-2005, 06:25 AM
I got that email as well and was wondering why no TextMaker. It's been $11.11. Now they just have PlanMaker at $22.22. I wonder if maybe they're working on a new version of TextMaker.

Nurhisham Hussein
11-11-2005, 07:44 AM
They are - Textmaker 2005 for Windows is already on its 2nd Beta, and the WM beta version should be out soon. IIANM (maybe I see it only because I'm registered with them), the betas are available through their product pages.

ctmagnus
11-11-2005, 08:32 AM
I get that info as well, but is that not the Windows version? THat's the impression I was under.

SoftMaker
11-11-2005, 11:49 AM
Update: Carnival has begun, and the web pages are active. We also added a bunch of SuperBundles for those that want to get TextMaker together with more programs at a really nice price.

Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GMbH

felixdd
11-11-2005, 03:16 PM
Update: Carnival has begun, and the web pages are active. We also added a bunch of SuperBundles for those that want to get TextMaker together with more programs at a really nice price.

Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GMbH

A question: what's the upgrade policy to TextMaker 2005 for existing owners?

SoftMaker
11-11-2005, 03:19 PM

Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GMbH

Check out www.softmaker.com/english/tmw05_en.htm

Best,

-mk

DaleReeck
11-11-2005, 05:15 PM
I also own TextMaker and PlanMaker, good apps. But I don't know why they are pushing these Windows versions so hard. I would image that 99% of their customers buy it for the PocketPC versions. It seems like they are wasting resources on the Windows version when they should be updating the PocketPC versions first. Unless I am underestimating the numbers of users of the Windows version.

But SoftMaker isn't the only company that seems unprepared for WM5. Devices have been out for a few months now and the SDK has been out many months, yet very few companies have WM5 compatible software. Excluding, of course, apps that already work without need for update.

follick
11-11-2005, 05:22 PM

Why is it US$49.95 for europeans
and EUR 49.95 for non-europeans?
Wouldn't the other way around make more sense?

I got Textmaker last year for $11.11
I don't need a full functioned word processor on my PDA very often, but when I do TextMaker works wonderfully. I strongly recommend it.

SoftMaker
11-11-2005, 08:19 PM

Why is it US$49.95 for europeans
and EUR 49.95 for non-europeans?
Wouldn't the other way around make more sense?

Because this web page was messed up. :cry:

Fixed now. Thanks!

Best,

-mk

SoftMaker
11-11-2005, 08:39 PM
I also own TextMaker and PlanMaker, good apps. But I don't know why they are pushing these Windows versions so hard. I would image that 99% of their customers buy it for the PocketPC versions. It seems like they are wasting resources on the Windows version when they should be updating the PocketPC versions first. Unless I am underestimating the numbers of users of the Windows version.

But SoftMaker isn't the only company that seems unprepared for WM5. Devices have been out for a few months now and the SDK has been out many months, yet very few companies have WM5 compatible software. Excluding, of course, apps that already work without need for update.
You severely underestimate the number of our Windows customers in Europe. It dwarfs the Pocket PC market.

WM5 compatible service packs of TextMaker 2002 and PlanMaker 2004 will be released (for free) next week.

Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

signothefish
11-11-2005, 08:44 PM
The one Softmaker had earlier this year (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40984) was better than today's, and it included TextMaker *and* PlanMaker.

Duncan
11-11-2005, 11:17 PM
It has to be said that TextMaker for Windows is very, very good - and an absolute bargain compared to Word. I couldn't justify buying it - as I already have MS Word - but if I was in the market for a new WP now I would probably get TM instead. True you can get Open Office for nothing - but frankly I'm not impressed with OO's compatibility.