View Full Version : imate pda2k and o2 xda2

nodgesoft
11-09-2005, 03:11 AM
I have both a xda2 and a imate pda2k.

Does anyone know if it is possible and if so how to upgrade the OS from 2003(xda2) or 2003se(imate) to WM5.0

I have seen a couple of threads/sites but none of which has been much help. I know you can upgrade some dells but it is possible on either of these pdas?

-nodgesoft

Chris Spera
11-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Officially, no. there are no upgrades available for these devices. If the XDA2 is an HTC Himilaya, then there is an upgrade that can be found for it that seems to work well. pocketnow.com did its WM5 on a device like that, that was upgraded to WM5.

There is also an unofficial upgrade for the Blue Angel that should work with your PDA2k, BUT its not an easy process, and it has some serious issues. Some people get it to work, others have a lot of trouble and problems. Some have downgraded back to WM2003SE.

You can find information on both inthe Wiki at XDA Developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/front_page.php).

However, the legality of these upgrades is a little grey, so be forewarned that you are likely violating license agreements if you install and use these upgrades.