View Full Version : Screen Protector Lesson Learned

Brad Adrian
11-06-2005, 05:38 AM
I recently learned a lesson about using screen protectors that may be commonly known, but it kinda took me by surprise.

I had installed a new screen protector. Even though the protector wasn't listed as being specifically sized for my device (a 2755), it seemed a good enough fit and it seemed to go on without much trouble. After all, most Pocket PC screens are pretty much the same size, right? ;)

Well, as soon as I installed the protector, my touchscreen didn't seem to work at all. Nothing I did could make it respond to a stylus touch. Finally, I realized that in one corner the screen the protector fit pretty poorly and had gotten kind of crammed between the screen and the case to make it fit. I'm not sure if it was the added pressure on the screen that made the touchscreen malfunction, but once I removed the protector, everything resumed to normal.

The lesson?

I will never again assume that I can get a "close enough" protector to fit my device. Only protectors that I KNOW are designed to fit my Pocket PCs will get installed.

Menneisyys
11-06-2005, 07:16 AM
Well, as soon as I installed the protector, my touchscreen didn't seem to work at all. Nothing I did could make it respond to a stylus touch. Finally, I realized that in one corner the screen the protector fit pretty poorly and had gotten kind of crammed between the screen and the case to make it fit. I'm not sure if it was the added pressure on the screen that made the touchscreen malfunction

It was. This is a pretty common problem with installing screen protectors. The same happened to me with my Zire71 and hi-end Brando protector. After a re-installment, it fitted OK.

BTW, I think you could try re-installing your protector. The screen protectors are compatible in the same screen size family. That is, you can use, for example, a h2210 protector for any other 3.5" device and so on. That is, I think your will work too if you try to reinstall it.

Brad Adrian
11-06-2005, 06:04 PM
BTW, I think you could try re-installing your protector. The screen protectors are compatible in the same screen size family. That is, you can use, for example, a h2210 protector for any other 3.5" device and so on. That is, I think your will work too if you try to reinstall it.

I did keep it as a "backup," but installed a new one because I had created a very, very slight crease in the protector. I'm not really sure under what circumstances I'd need a "backup," but I just hate to throw a new one away! ;)