View Full Version : Do you use Live Communications Server?

Philip Colmer
11-03-2005, 10:18 AM
If you do, you might be interested in the beta programme for the Windows Mobile client for LCS. Please note that I do not have any more information than I am posting here.

--Philip

Microsoft Office Communicator Mobile is the native Windows Mobile client for Live Communications Server 2005, which we expect to be available in H1 of CY 2006. The Beta1 release will be available to Beta participants starting the week of November 7th. We will accept participants to this program through November 11th.

Communicator Mobile provides presence and IM capabilities to users of Windows Mobile devices (Smartphone, PocketPC, PocketPC Phone Edition) over wireless LANs (WiFi) and 2.5G / 3G mobile networks (GPRS, 1xRTT, EVDO). The client will be compatible with existing Office Communicator users. The client will also support Voice over IP calls and Remote Call Control (a feature of Office Communicator 2005).

To sign up for this Private Beta, please follow the instructions below and complete all information at the Microsoft Beta site.

Go to https://beta.microsoft.com/
Sign in with your personal .NET Passport ID
Use the Guest ID “COMObeta"
Click on the Office Communicator Mobile link
Click on the “Survey” link on the left side of the page and select Communicator Mobile
Fill out and submit the nomination form

Kind regards,

The Real-Time Collaboration Team

FAQ

Q. What will I get by participating in the Beta?
A. You will receive access to the Beta code drops, newsgroup support, and a chance to test this exciting new functionality and provide feedback to our product group.

Q. What server infrastructure is required to support Communicator Mobile?
A. LCS 2005 SP1 with external users enabled.

Q. What versions of Windows Mobile are supported by Communicator Mobile?
A. Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition and Windows Mobile 5.0, on both Smartphone and PocketPC devices.

Q. How will Communicator Mobile be licensed?
A. Licensing details for this product will be announced nearer to its release.

Q. Are devices provided as part of this program?
A. No, customers are expected to provide their own Windows Mobile devices.