View Full Version : Dell Axim X5/TomTom Navigator Bundle with Bonus Items - Price Reduced Again and Free Shipping

GoldKey
11-02-2005, 12:01 AM
Dell Axim X5, 400 Mhz, no OS upgrades, includes manuals, etc
Docking Cradle
TomTom Navigator USA - Hardware and Software
Suction Cup Car Mount
Krussel Leather Case
Atari Retro SD Card Game Pack

Bonus Items - No guarantee these still work, but I don't need them anymore and don't feel like installing them to see if they do

DLink DCF-650W CF 802.11b card
Viking 56k CF Modem
Mini-sync cable and power adapters (the wall adapter does not work)

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/media/users/4976/IMG_1030.JPG

Had no idea what to ask for this, so based my price on this auction - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5824656378&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

So, asking $130 + free shipping and note that this includes the GPS hardware and lots of other stuff that listing does not, plus this is the faster model. Interesting trades also considered. :wink:

Prefer Paypal, but can discuss payment by check, etc.

PM me or reply back here if interested.

GoldKey
11-04-2005, 02:11 PM
Bump, I'll throw in free shipping to US/Canada

GoldKey
11-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Bump, asking price reduced to $150

GoldKey
11-16-2005, 12:18 AM
Bump, asking price reduced to $130

darkdestroyer
11-16-2005, 02:25 AM
What would you be willing to trade for? Ask away!

GoldKey
11-16-2005, 02:59 AM
What would you be willing to trade for? Ask away!

That was a Seinfeld joke, but seriously, what do you have to trade for.

darkdestroyer
11-16-2005, 03:08 AM
I've got two pentium three computers running at 600~ mhz running 2003 server with a 20inch CRT monitor.

-A sealed 30gig iPod video (probably not this one unless your also willing to fork over a bit of cash)

-100$

- a trio of cell phones, a color camera audiovox, a color camera sprint samsung phone, and some other old LG phone. Will be willing to find exact model details if intersted. All working 100% and able to be converted to your account.

Idk..what do you need right now?

GoldKey
11-16-2005, 03:19 AM
Don't need any computers, we've already got more computers than people.

I have an iRiver 40 GB and a PSP, so no need for the ipod

$125 is as low as I am going to go for cash, any cheaper and I'll give it to a friend as a gift.

Don't need new phones.

There is not anything particular I am looking to trade for, like I said, it was more of a joke, but if anyone has anything they want to trade, you never know what might tickle my fancy.

darkdestroyer
11-17-2005, 01:05 AM
Just making sure, the PDA works perfectly right? Nothing wrong with the PDA itself? Im willing to pony up 125$ for it, just have to make sure the PDA and GPS works perfectly.

How's the GPS system work with this Axim and separate GPS module? I currently have an X50v, is it possible to use the GPS with that? Or is this GPS Axim X5 specifiC?

GoldKey
11-17-2005, 03:05 AM
Both items work fine. There are no major blemishes and no hardware/software issues. But, I would not classify any 3 year old PPC as "perfect". The GPS software does periodically hang the system but impossible to tell if it is a TomTom issue or a PPC issue

The only thing I have used this for in the past year is for navigation. I've pretty much deleted all my data from it. There are probably a few freebie appliations still on it. I am not planning on doing a hard reset before shipping, so it should work right out of the box (you will just need to load local maps to a memory card). If you go to TomTom's website, you will find this information -

"TomTom Navigator requires online software activation. All copies of TomTom Navigator are sold with a product code. This product code can be used to activate the software on one device. to download the full version of the TomTom License agreement.

Second hand TomTom Navigator products are likely to have already been activated once or more by the first buyer and the product code may therefore no longer be valid. For this reason we advise our customers not to purchase TomTom Navigator second hand. If you have already purchased a second hand TomTom Navigator product and cannot activate the software, we suggest you return it to the seller."

As you are receiving the same device, this should not be an issue, but since it is coming to you preloaded and at some point you decide to reinstall, it should work fine, but if it does not, there is not much anyone can do.

Not that is makes a difference, but I was a beta tester for the original US release and I received this package as a thank you from the company. So what you see is what you get.

Not sure what you were asking with this question "How's the GPS system work with this Axim and separate GPS module?"

It will not work with any model other than the X5. When I thought about upgrading to that model, TomTom said you could buy a new connector, but I can't find it on their website.

If you have any other questions or want some better pictures, just let me know.