View Full Version : Organizing my music

cjpadlock
10-31-2005, 11:02 PM
so here's my problem, i have a playlist on my pocket pc with all my music on my mac, that i can stream to my pocket pc with an internet connection using abyss web server, but i've found out that its pretty unpractical to have one playlist with 3000 songs in it, with no real way or searching for a specific song, so what im asking is, is there a program out there for pocket pc that acts like itunes? where you can browse by artist or album?? i have looked for a while and im really supprized that I cant find anything!

Sven Johannsen
10-31-2005, 11:30 PM
so here's my problem, i have a playlist on my pocket pc with all my music on my mac, that i can stream to my pocket pc with an internet connection using abyss web server, but i've found out that its pretty unpractical to have one playlist with 3000 songs in it, with no real way or searching for a specific song, so what im asking is, is there a program out there for pocket pc that acts like itunes? where you can browse by artist or album?? i have looked for a while and im really supprized that I cant find anything!

Yea, it's called Media Player and works dandy if you are pairing with MP10 on a XP machine. Does playlists, filters by albums, artists, genres.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

cjpadlock
11-01-2005, 12:59 AM
but im not pairing with an xp machine if you read my post, i have an m3u playlist with all my music linking to my mac, so that wont work with wmp

Sven Johannsen
11-01-2005, 04:46 PM
but im not pairing with an xp machine if you read my post, i have an m3u playlist with all my music linking to my mac, so that wont work with wmp

I figured that out, I was being facetious. Might I ask how you got the one playlist you do have onto your PPC? I suppose you could create additional playlists. To find a PPC application that interrfaces directly with your iTunes library on your MAC, over a wireless connection is likely going to be tough at this point. I would expect that Apple is not making the neccessary information readily available. No particular interest in facilitating listening to iTunes from other than Apple supported hardware.

cjpadlock
11-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Might I ask how you got the one playlist you do have onto your PPC? I suppose you could create additional playlists. To find a PPC application that interrfaces directly with your iTunes library on your MAC, over a wireless connection is likely going to be tough at this point. I would expect that Apple is not making the neccessary information readily available. No particular interest in facilitating listening to iTunes from other than Apple supported hardware.

i used iTunes Publisher on the mac to make the m3u playlist, then i modified it in text edit to replace the local path for each song to the web server path (http://my.ip.address:port/Users/Chris etc) and it works great using my wifi at school. but just trying to find a song in a playlist of around 2000 songs is a little hard, but i think making separate playlists is a very good idea, thanks sven!