View Full Version : FS: Pretec GPS unit, and BRAIN DEAD UrThere @Migo

Bill Harrison
10-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Hi all. I have a Pretec CF GPS, which I used in me E805, till it suffered a digitizer failure. I moved onto a smartphone, and cant use this in that. It is a model BI-CGPSS2, worked great in the toshiba. Has plug for an external antenna, however I used it inside my car just fine without one. Works great, I would like 50$ + shipping for it.

And heres a real oldie, but perhaps a goodie! If you know what it is :P This is a "Compal UrThere @migo". It is in good shape, with only a few scratches. I believe I can dig up the case, but can't make any promises on the charger (However, just was a A/C wall wart, and uses a pretty standard charge plug, like the universal ones you can get at radioshack!)

First, the good part: I had this unit upgraded from the stock 32mb of ram, to 128mb by PPC Techs. Unit recognized all the ram with no hacks / tweaks. So it is pretty useable. Has 206mhz processor. Good item #2, this bad boy has a PCMCIA slot! Yep, won't find many of those running around! I used it with a PCMCIA wifi card, works great. Also had a PCMCIA harddrive in it, that was fine too.

Now, the bad part: I am an idiot, and about 2 years ago, felt the need to to tinker. The unit runs 2002 os with no problems stock. I wanted to try Pocket Linux, or whatever it was called at the time. LOL Well, transferred the cab, ran it, and it erased my ROM / corrupted it, so the thing does nothing. The rom is on a bolt on board, so I imagine if you had the means to get a good one, it could be swapped over, unit would work fine. Or, if I remember correctly, PPC techs was offering a "Rom Recovery" service for a nominal fee, however I can't say if this is true or not, may want to call them. At the time, I lived in driving distance to them, however I have moved since.

Make me an offer on this, 50$ sounds fair to me.

Pics of anything upon request, paypal fine, im not a crook, yada yada!