View Full Version : Any expert or power user of Poket Informant? Please give me a hand

hiatus
10-31-2005, 09:53 AM
Well, I use PI quiet a lot, but recently I have about 20+ tasks a day

I want to be able to have some tasks (regardless of priority) to show on the top of the screen, and others to show at the bottom

What happened is that some tasks are important but gotta do it at school. And some others are impoartant too, but i will do them when I get back home. So instead of using the priority sort, anyway I can customize it so that it can sort depend on the time of the day?

Thanks for helping out.

Stack.Overflow
10-31-2005, 02:57 PM
I think, it's better to ask the question here: http://pocketinformant.com/Forums/

ironguy
10-31-2005, 03:21 PM
You could use a combination of task priority scheduling and filters. Task priorities sare prety self explanatory, you rate your tasks A0-Z100 or whatever suits you. Then, create a filter, like 'School', 'Home', etc. You can create a custom view with only the filtes you want. I don't think you can sort via timer like you're suggesting - at least I'm not aware of any way.

As suggesting, try the PI forums.

ctmagnus
10-31-2005, 10:31 PM
In this case, I would recommend grouping by category.

Basically.

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/media/users/3482/Category%20view.PNG

I would recommend having a category for home and one for school, for things you have to do at home and things you have to do at school, obviously.

hiatus
11-01-2005, 12:44 AM
The prob is that I alright use the Priority A B C D and the catagories
I have about 10 + catagories but they are unrelated to the "time at all" coz sometimes I have to call up someone early the day even though it catagorize as "HOME"
Thanks for helping out.

Yeah i should have gone back to the PI forum but just around pocket pc thoughts these days :)

ctmagnus
11-01-2005, 12:51 AM
How about Morning, Afternoon, Evening categories?

You do know that you can do ABCD sorting in category view as well, don't you? Just select Category view on the button with the two squares then select Sort By -> ABC/123 Priority on the Globe button.

hiatus
11-01-2005, 02:11 AM
yeah i do think about morning evening night catagories, but it will be a mess since I will have to choose two catagories every time (one normal, and one for the timing)

if i sort by A B C D, it will also show all the tasks that not yet due today on the top too, which is not what i want

Anyway, i appreciate every one's help