View Full Version : Proporta Alu-Leather Case for Axim X50 series mini review

Andy Whiteford
10-28-2005, 03:32 PM
I have posted a Proporta Alu-Leather Case for Axim X50 series mini review up at my site:

www.donka.co.uk

Please feel free to post any questions here.

PetiteFlower
10-29-2005, 05:42 AM
Ooh I really like that case! I think that will be the one I get...after I get my touchscreen replaced. I got hit by a car about a month ago (yes I was a pedestrian) and while I came through pretty well (just bruises and whiplash from getting thrown, nothing broken), my Axim ended up with a teeny weeny barely noticable crack in the bottom right corner of the screen (you know, right where important things like the wifi icon and the SIP controls are) and it's really messing up the functioning. Not so much I can't use it, but it's annoying.

So anyway I want a case with metal but that opens vertically and folds all the way back and that I can cradle with it on...so this looks perfect! Thanks :)

Sven Johannsen
10-29-2005, 09:02 PM
Wow, sorry to hear about that. Glad you are basically OK. Hope the insurance is paying for the repair/replacement. It would fix your car if you'd been in one, and replacing a PPC is cheaper than buffing out a scratch these days.

PetiteFlower
10-31-2005, 03:09 AM
Oh I got insurance money for the PPC but I had to use it for other stuff (my car needed new tires, that was important).

Andy Whiteford
10-31-2005, 10:21 AM
Yeh, sorry to hear that although glad to hear it wasn't too serious. Maybe the PPC saved you from a bigger bruising? I hope this case works out for you though - I can recommend it.

PetiteFlower
10-31-2005, 09:58 PM
Heh, it was in my purse, which is why it escaped with such little damage. If it had been in my back pocket where it is when I wear pants with back pockets, it would have been right in the spot where I got hit - and probably would have ended up with me AND it in worse shape!