View Full Version : Help!! No third-party password works on x50v...

Patrick Y.
10-27-2005, 05:40 AM
Hi,
For some reason, no third party password program, such as picturepassword, Nice start, signwise, will work on my x50v. When I turn off the device and turn it on again, the standard password uitility of WM2003 SE always pops up and ALL third party password application won't show up. Does anyone has this experience? Please help figure me figure out the problem.

Cybrid
10-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Hi,
For some reason, no third party password program, such as picturepassword, Nice start, signwise, will work on my x50v. When I turn off the device and turn it on again, the standard password uitility of WM2003 SE always pops up and ALL third party password application won't show up. Does anyone has this experience? Please help figure me figure out the problem.Do you have more than one device?
If not can you post the website URL's? I'm too lazy to go looking. I have multiple devices and can test to see it it is a general or specific to X50V problem.

I'm 30! My kid got his first pocket pc when he was 9. :D

Patrick Y.
10-28-2005, 11:49 PM
Do you have more than one device?
If not can you post the website URL's? I'm too lazy to go looking. I have multiple devices and can test to see it it is a general or specific to X50V problem.

yes. I've a n10 before I upgraded to x50v. All the password program works fine on that device, but not on x50v. I'm pretty sure that it's a specific problem to x50v. I even hard-reset the device and install Signwise/picture password but it still doesn't work . Is there any solution for this problem? Thanks. It seems that the built-in password utility always overide third party applications.

I'm 30! My kid got his first pocket pc when he was 9.

Lucky!!! :D

Cybrid
10-29-2005, 02:58 AM
Kid's not so lucky, he's got a Ipaq 3630. He does drool over my X50v.

Post the websites and I'll test on mine. Did you upgrade to WM5? Many apps aren't compliant yet.
Start>settings>about.

Second possibility, the apps aren't working because of the Intel Graphics processor.

Zagleft1
10-29-2005, 03:43 PM
I have officially "given up" on 3rd party password programs. I have yet to find one that works consistently and that can be a dangerous thing unless you're into hard resets. I barely escaped one this week while trying a password program, so I think I'll just throw in the towel and use the onboard password program. Sorry I'm of no help.

Patrick Y.
10-29-2005, 11:31 PM
Post the websites and I'll test on mine. Did you upgrade to WM5? Many apps aren't compliant yet.
Start>settings>about.

Second possibility, the apps aren't working because of the Intel Graphics processor.

Picture Password-
http://www.picturepassword.com/program_files/PicturePassword_PPC_setup.exe

Signwise-
http://www.pocketgear.com/download.asp?product_id=9965

Nicestart-
http://www.pocketgear.com/download.asp?product_id=5851

Thank you SO much!!!! Please test them for me.

As for WM5, I didn't even have the CD yet. It's scheduled to arrive either today or tommorrow.

hmmm.... At least 3630 is a lot nicer than my first PDA. So, he drool on your x50v? Do you need to clean it often?
:lol: :rotfl:

Patrick Y.
10-29-2005, 11:32 PM
I have officially "given up" on 3rd party password programs. I have yet to find one that works consistently and that can be a dangerous thing unless you're into hard resets. I barely escaped one this week while trying a password program, so I think I'll just throw in the towel and use the onboard password program. Sorry I'm of no help.

Thank you for your input though!! :D

gazzas
11-01-2005, 12:07 AM
:( Help please. . . .

I have experienced the same problems using Picture password - uninstalled it and now I have no password facility at all. The password applet in settings/personal has gone and I cant identify the executable using explorer!

Any suggestions/ideas?

How do you replace a missing windows file if this is the case?

I think the file I need is password.cpl - can some one email me a clean copy of this file for WM2003SE?

Any help would good !

Thanks

Gazzas

[Dell Axim X50v running WM2003 SE rom A04]

Patrick Y.
11-01-2005, 12:30 AM
Get a registry editor and do the following:

1. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > ControlPanel > Password

2.There should be a string named "Redirect". Change it to "Redirect_" or anything you want.

3. Soft-reset

The password applet should appear again. let me know how things turn out.

gazzas
11-01-2005, 09:39 AM
:lol: spot on - thanks for this, everything seems to be back to how it was. I, like others are gonna give up with 3rd party password protection now

Thanx

Gazzas

Cybrid
11-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Start>settings>about.

Picture Password-
http://www.picturepassword.com/program_files/PicturePassword_PPC_setup.exe

Signwise-
http://www.pocketgear.com/download.asp?product_id=9965

Nicestart-
http://www.pocketgear.com/download.asp?product_id=5851

Thank you SO much!!!! Please test them for me.

As for WM5, I didn't even have the CD yet. It's scheduled to arrive either today or tommorrow.

hmmm.... At least 3630 is a lot nicer than my first PDA. So, he drool on your x50v? Do you need to clean it often?
:lol: :rotfl:They all work. V4.21.1088 (build 14260.2.0.5)

Try disabling the system password first and then installing.

On a fresh, hard resetted PPC. The applications are quite nice. I just might buy signwise.

Picture passwords demo doesn't let you put a "picture password" on demo.

Nice start is cute but I'm not too fond of today apps that make the screen look like the Bat-rocket. 8O

Signwise has a very interesting signature lock that I find to be very cool. If using this, make sure you keep back ups in another PC. Falling off a bike and spraining your finger might end up locking you out of your PPC. :twisted:

Well, his first was a Handspring visor. You remember those? they were these very ugly black and white ones with only 8Mb of RAM. They had this wierd oversimplified OS made by these guys called Palm. Ahhh. The good ole days! :wink: And yea. I have to clean my PPC quite often. He likes to listen to music on it and tends to get food over the screen when I'm not watching. :roll: You'd think he was six.