View Full Version : My Windows Mobile 5 wish

Andy Whiteford
10-25-2005, 03:51 PM
Well the complaints of Windows Mobile 5 are slowly rolling in with the continued distribution of newer devices such as the Dell Axim X51 series. One thing I would like to see is the ability to enable or disable the two soft buttons at the bottom of the screen in the Operating System. Surely this would be a simple thing for Microsoft to implement as a global setting given that the Pocket PC with it's touch screen is not dependant on these options??
Screen real estate on these devices is precious enough without losing more for something that the vast majority of users may never use.

pivaska
10-25-2005, 09:58 PM
I would also like to see this and I was wondering if there could be a tweak for it. Has anyone come up with a Tweaks3 or what ever for wm5?

Paragon
10-26-2005, 02:01 AM
There is a hack to change what they do on the Today screen. Sorry I can't remember the hack. The problem with doing this is that they are available for third party developers to use, and many have, so regardless of what changes you make they are going to be undone as soon as you open an app.

I do agree, it would be nice if MS made them programmable. Personally I would like to see the corresponding hardkeys programmable. I think it is a bit of a waste to have two softkeys which have the same function as two hardkeys. Although the x51 doesn't have the hardkeys, pretty much all other WM5.0 devices do.

Dave