View Full Version : PIM / Calendar apps - Is there a middle ground?

CowboyNinjaPirate
10-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Hey guys,

I just wanted to know if anyone had any recomendations for a calendar / contacts application that isn't quite as far reaching as PI or AF.

I've used PI and it was good but found myself lost in most of its personalisation options. I liked some of the calendar views it came with etc.
For the contacts I liked that I could include pictures and such.

However after a crash I neglected to put it back on as I couldn't be bothered to set it all up again.

So if anyone could point me towards some software that would be good for me recording stuff like my girlfriends work schedule, Birthdays, meeting with friends etc and improve the contacts management a lil I'd be muchly grateful. :)

TIA

emuelle1
10-24-2005, 08:05 PM
The built-in Pocket Outlook would probably do what you want, but you could try Ulti-Planner: http://www.birdsoft.biz/upmain.htm. It's only about $10 and is a vast improvement over the "out of the box" Pocket Outlook.

Zagleft1
10-25-2005, 07:11 PM
On the calendar alone side (doesn't manage contacts or tasks but will display due tasks) look at Intumical, which I think has a great graphic interface.

disconnected
10-25-2005, 10:09 PM
For a calendar, I use SuperCalendar by scarybear softwear, mostly because I like the icons in the month view (although I wish there were more icons to choose from).

emuelle1
10-26-2005, 12:02 PM
Ulti-planner ships with built in and configurable icons that display on just about every screen. I liked it for that. I would have kept with it, but I needed something a little more comprehensive and the developer doesn't have an update ready yet, so I switched to Pocket Informant. I still have Ulti-Planner though. It's a very good program for what it does, and inexpensive. The developer promises that they'll never charge you for an upgrade, so if you buy the current 2.1 then you can keep on using it through any following versions. I wasn't sure how long this lasts, and seeing that they lack the financial incentive to update it more frequently only adds to my wonder. In any case, it will do what you're looking for very well and for little cost.

Andy Whiteford
10-26-2005, 01:44 PM
On the calendar alone side (doesn't manage contacts or tasks but will display due tasks) look at Intumical, which I think has a great graphic interface.

This looks sweet but unfortunately there is no 7 day view as in the likes of PI or AF.

chefz
10-26-2005, 04:00 PM
This looks sweet but unfortunately there is no 7 day view as in the likes of PI or AF.

Actually, according to the developer's blog (http://karlt.blogspot.com/), he is working on a weekly view for the next release:

http://www.intumi.com/blog/weekov3.gif

Andy Whiteford
10-26-2005, 05:05 PM
This is exactly what I am looking for. Please keep me posted if you hear any more and thanks for the heads up. :)

CowboyNinjaPirate
10-27-2005, 10:14 AM
Thank's folks, you've given me a few options to take a look at. :)