View Full Version : internet dailing issues

92slammer
10-23-2005, 02:44 PM
ive got an Ipaq 1945 and everything has been working great. now it keeps trying to connect to the net via my E815 automatically without me prompting to do so. any ideas as to why it keeps connecting?

Menneisyys
10-24-2005, 09:19 AM
ive got an Ipaq 1945 and everything has been working great. now it keeps trying to connect to the net via my E815 automatically without me prompting to do so. any ideas as to why it keeps connecting?

This is a very common problem. It's possible a weather/stock/news Today plug-in or a mailer client (for example, the built-in Pocket Inbox) is constantly trying to connect to the Net to fetch new data/check for new mail.

Do the following:

- if you have Today plug-ins, disable the ones that may try to fetch new information from the Internet (mostly weather/stock/news plug-ins; not, for example, meter/launcher apps (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=366634) like Spb Pocket Plus). If the problem goes away, try to re-enable these plug-ins one by one and wait for the connection to be re-established. It'll show it's the given Today plug-in that tries to connect to the Net. Just reconfigure it not to do so. Feel free to ask for help if you don't find how this should be done in a particular plug-in.

- if you have POP3 accounts defined in Pocket Inbox, check all of your POP3 Inbox accounts whether they are set to periodically download mail. To do so, start Inbox, go to Accounts, choose Accounts and

- click a (previously unchecked) POP3 account
- click Next three times (to get to the E-mail Setup (4/4) screen)
- click Options; you'll get to the Options (1/3) screen
- now, check whether the "Connect and check for messages every:" checkbox is checked. If it is, uncheck it.
- click Next two times and, finally, Finish.
- do all the above for all your POP3 accounts.
[/i]