View Full Version : Internet Access with o2 XDA 2i

bigbrova1969
10-16-2005, 08:16 PM
:D New kid on the block here guys n dolls.

Was wondering if any1 could help me out.

I have an o2 XDA 2i with an o2 payasugo Genie sim card in the phone. I cannot work out how to connect to the internet using my phone. o2 say I would have 2 go on a monthly contract to recieve a new sim card with better technology on it to allow internet access.
Is there another way round this as i would love 2 use my phone to it's full potential.
I use AOL to connect to the internet on my computer, is it possible to ask AOL for the dialling properties so that i can use AOL to connect my o2XDA 2i on a wireless set-up? :?:

Janak Parekh
10-17-2005, 02:48 AM
I have an o2 XDA 2i with an o2 payasugo Genie sim card in the phone. I cannot work out how to connect to the internet using my phone. o2 say I would have 2 go on a monthly contract to recieve a new sim card with better technology on it to allow internet access.
Simply put, you need GPRS provisioned on your account/SIM card in order for Internet access to work. I have no idea about O2's policies, but it sounds like pay-as-you-go doesn't cover GPRS. An O2 user might be able to fill in more fully.

I use AOL to connect to the internet on my computer, is it possible to ask AOL for the dialling properties so that i can use AOL to connect my o2XDA 2i on a wireless set-up? :?:
Alas, AOL uses a proprietary dial-up network that, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't work on Pocket PCs or other mobile devices. :(

--janak