View Full Version : HX4700 speaker KO

sgorbyo
10-15-2005, 03:28 AM
My 4700's speaker simply stop to work.
With an earphone everything is functioning well so, i'm pretty sure that it is a hw problem :devilboy: .

Now the question:
Has someone already opened this little monster?

At first sight it seems that it is impossible without some custom tools.

Any suggestion?

Thxs and bye

PS) :roll: My 4700 was bought in Italy, I'm currently living in Brazil and even don't know if they sell 4700 in this country.
I do not want to fight with HP Support Center...

Darius Wey
10-15-2005, 06:50 AM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts. A few things you should try before cracking it open:

(1) Try plugging the headphones in and out of the socket about 10-20 times continuously. On very rare occasions, the speaker/headphone switch within the device becomes stuck, so it requires something as simple as the aforementioned suggestion to make it work again.

(2) If that doesn't work, try a soft-reset. And in dire circumstances, you may also want to try a hard-reset, but ensure you backup first.

(3) If none of that works, it's probably a hardware issue (as you initially suggested). It's been a while since I bought an HP Pocket PC, so I'm not sure if their warranty policies have changed. Check to see if your device is governed by an international warranty. If so, I'm sure it's very easy to have it shipped to the nearest service centre for warranty repair/replacement.