View Full Version : GeoXH Introduced: Subfoot Accuracy & More

Jon Westfall
10-17-2005, 12:10 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.trimble.com/news/100405a.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.trimble.com/news/100405a.htm</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Trimble today introduced the GeoXH™ handheld receiver—the first integrated Global Positioning System (GPS) field computer to deliver subfoot (30 cm) accuracy for Geographic Information System (GIS) data collection and mapping. The GeoXH handheld is based on Trimble's revolutionary H-Star™ technology, first introduced in the GPS Pathfinder® ProXH™ receiver earlier this year. A significant advance from previous solutions, the H-Star handhelds and receivers greatly reduce the time it takes to collect high accuracy GPS data in the field."</i><br /><br />Integrated handhelds running WM 5, Wifi, Bluetooth, 416 Mhz Processor, and a 512 MB FLash drive built in? Sounds like those of us looking for a handheld with a serious GPS need will be interested in this line of devices!

inteller
10-17-2005, 01:42 PM
at $4000+ I seriously doubt too many casual users that need "a serious GPS" will be getting one.

They aren't exactly what I'd call portable either (compared to a non ruggedized device)

Jon Westfall
10-17-2005, 03:42 PM
at $4000+ I seriously doubt too many casual users that need "a serious GPS" will be getting one.

They aren't exactly what I'd call portable either (compared to a non ruggedized device)

Well, this obviously isn't aimed at the casual user, but it is a nice marriage of Pocket PC and highly specialized device functionality. A serious GPS need in this case is probably life/death loss/profit kinds of uses, not cool/dork as many PPC purchases are ;)

Talon
10-21-2005, 07:58 PM
Plus if attacked you can always hit someone over the head with it ;-)

While the battery life does make it very nice for purely PDA use that sort of GPS accuracy is fairly pointless for most non-profesional applications.

Maybe they should sell them to rich golfers.