View Full Version : Is there a program to set a theme with a day of the week?

cardinalsfan
10-09-2005, 06:01 AM
I'd like to have each day of the week a different them without having to change it daily. Saturday a Wisconsin Badgers theme, Sunday a Packers theme, Monday billiards, etc etc. Anyway to do that??

Menneisyys
10-09-2005, 06:32 PM
I'd like to have each day of the week a different them without having to change it daily. Saturday a Wisconsin Badgers theme, Sunday a Packers theme, Monday billiards, etc etc. Anyway to do that??

There're several theme rotater apps (I've also discussed some of them in my theme tutorial at, say, http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?p=799332 ). AFAIK, however, none of them support weekday-based rotation.

If you or a friend of you, however, know at least C#, or, even better, C++, and aren't afraid of some manual coding, here's a brief tutorial what you need to do:

- get the actual weekday with a system call
- set up the task file with some system calls (see the MSDN article I've linked from the roundup) - it's much easier than most would think; for example, you don't need to set up colors by hand at all etc., everything will be done by the system
- register the executable program in DB_notify_events so that it is executed after the device is switched on.

Sorry for not giving you more definite answers (writing this on a PDA with very limited (GPRS) speed & screen, in a train) on coding/the actual system calls. Feel free to ask further questions if you would like to code this app yourself.